Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DJCBS
  • 1 Post By dorblayzer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    DJCBS's Avatar

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    826 Global Posts

    Default 16GB of storage yet again...

    ...but this time I need to solve this.
    On normal occasion, the fact that Sony stuck with the way insufficient 16GB of internal storage on their phones running KitKat, would immediately break the deal to me.

    However, I'm done with Microsoft's horrendous customer support (long story short, I've had a useless Lumia 930 for 6 weeks, awaiting for Microsoft Mobile to replace it). So I'm definitely going to buy the Z3Compact and just move to Android.

    Problem is, 12GB of storage is not nearly enough for me. Now, I've never been a regular Android user, but I am aware that there are ways to circumvent Google's new policy on SD-cards and actually move apps and games to the SD card too (Sony itself brought that back on the T2).

    I was wondering if someone could point me out towards any good tutorial on how to do that because I'll definitely be needing it. So I'm now on the process of learning as much as I can about the platform so that I can make a faster transition to it.

    Thanks!
    Roy Droid likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: 16GB of storage yet again...

    Try link2sd app, you will of course need to root, and other staff. Google link2sd, and you shall find a 🌍 of wonder.

    Posted via Android Central App
    DJCBS likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default

    I think the Sony has that option in the apps menu. It will tell you which apps can me moved to SD card. Also liking the looks of the Z3 compact. Waiting to see US pricing.

    But yes on a 6 month upgrade cycle time for 32GB of internal storage Sony! Even el goog does that!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    DJCBS's Avatar

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    826 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16GB of storage yet again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dorblayzer View Post
    Try link2sd app, you will of course need to root, and other staff. Google link2sd, and you shall find a of wonder.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks! I'll dig around. I do not intend to root the phone right away as I intend to Alpha test the Nokia Z Launcher. I'll google around to see what I find (though I was trying to avoid that because we never know how reliable are the sources one finds on Google)

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I think the Sony has that option in the apps menu. It will tell you which apps can me moved to SD card. Also liking the looks of the Z3 compact. Waiting to see US pricing.

    But yes on a 6 month upgrade cycle time for 32GB of internal storage Sony! Even el goog does that!
    Absolutely.
    Worst of all, Sony has brought the feature back with the KitKat update to the Xperia T2. One would think flagship devices would come with all the features available for the other phones...we'll see.

    I have the Z3 Compact pre-ordered here in Europe, let us see what it brings.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: 16GB of storage yet again...

    Quote Originally Posted by DJCBS View Post
    Thanks! I'll dig around. I do not intend to root the phone right away as I intend to Alpha test the Nokia Z Launcher. I'll google around to see what I find (though I was trying to avoid that because we never know how reliable are the sources one finds on Google)



    Absolutely.
    Worst of all, Sony has brought the feature back with the KitKat update to the Xperia T2. One would think flagship devices would come with all the features available for the other phones...we'll see.

    I have the Z3 Compact pre-ordered here in Europe, let us see what it brings.
    I have lost interest without news while others devices have caught my attention. Pre ordered an iPhone 6 plus and looking to order a new moto x pure edition on Tuesday. Selling my OnePlus One and Lumia 925. Keeping my Nexus 5.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: 16GB of storage yet again...

    You Can also Add a cheep memory card that can extend up to 128 GB!

    Posted via the Android Central App
  7. #7  
    kioshi's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16GB of storage yet again...

    I hate the 16gb and I stopped buying games because of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhupinder Sidhu1 View Post
    You Can also Add a cheep memory card that can extend up to 128 GB!

    Posted via the Android Central App
    And how do you move your apps to the SD without rooting?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  8. #8  
    BenL's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16GB of storage yet again...

    Quote Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
    And how do you move your apps to the SD without rooting?
    If you've received the update, it's feature of Lollipop.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you find the 16 GB storage a deal breaker?
    By RavenSword in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-12-2014, 04:59 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 06:44 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 12:06 AM
  4. New Clan for Clash of Clans for Anyone
    By 2Tall_TityBoi in forum The Gamer's Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions