My Z3C Has Arrived - First Impressions (share yours as well)

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine does not do that at all. Solid as a rock.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here. No issues.

As an aside: heavy use today, inclusive of bad cell service battery drain, Waze, podcasts, audio streaming, talk, email, etc, and I'm at 24% life remaining. I'm happy.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Finally got mine all set up. Comparing the screen side by side with my Z2, I actually think the screen looks a little better. It's a bit more vibrant and has better contrast between black and white. I haven't found the need to mess with the white balance at all. Size feels pretty good but a tad on the small side. The next few days will tell if I can get used to it or not. I wish the body was just a hair bigger, somewhere between the Z2 and Z3c. Everything seems to be working fine, however I noticed my LTE speeds are low but I haven't compared that to people around me with AT&T so I'm not sure if that's a location issue or the phone. Speakers seem good. Notifications are a bit louder than they were on my Z2. I definitely miss the notification light bar on the Z2, but the little LED dot on the Z3c will do. Won't be able to really tell how battery life is for a few days, but it seems to be on par with the Z2. I've been on it non stop so I'll have a better idea with mixed use.

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Size feels pretty good but a tad on the small side. The next few days will tell if I can get used to it or not. I wish the body was just a hair bigger, somewhere between the Z2 and Z3c.

I think what you would like was the Z3 to be a 5" phone ;)
The point behind the "Compact" is that the phone is meant to be small. That Sony has placed a 4.6" screen on the same body of the Z1C already amazed me given they normally aren't really shy on bezels.
But I think you just notice a bigger difference because you're used to the gigantic form of the Z2=)

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I've said before in one of these threads, that I absolutely love the form and body of the iPhone 6, which is just a little bit bigger than this phone. I'm acclimating to the size rather quickly now. I do really miss that light bar though... :'(

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Still can't believe it. I canceled my original order because t wanted black. Reordered yesterday and it came today!!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140930_122848.jpg
    20140930_122848.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 64

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So I went in.. Got a sim and they hooked it up to me # but no data at all? The guy said he needs to put in the IMEI # on the box for it to work. I didn't but should I?

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
So I went in.. Got a sim and they hooked it up to me # but no data at all? The guy said he needs to put in the IMEI # on the box for it to work. I didn't but should I?

If your carrier is ATT, don't. If T-Mobile, you may be OK.

Give the ATT rep an LTE phone IMEI number that they will recognize (ATT branded phone).

Congrats on the new phone.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So customer support had me put in the APN settings and it works. Now for some reason it won't take my Gmail account. Says "can't establish connection" “your Android device may not be provisioned for date services"
I do have the 4g in the status bar and I can go on the Internet.
*Edit had to hook up to WiFi to accept the Gmail account.. Weird

Last edited:

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Got the phone today. So far very impressed with it.

I'm still putting things together though. I'm very used to Windows Phone and all these light coloured screens feel unnatural to me =P Will be putting the SIM in it and using the phone for a few days now and see how things go.

So far the only thing that's annoying me is that I don't seem to be able to get proper folders inside any of the photos app to be properly displayed. I like to have my photos organized by folders and so far, no luck.
Anyone more veteran to Android that can lend a hand, will be greatly appreciated =)

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My z3c is perfect ...I used my iPhone SIM card on it. My LTE is working,perfectly. What isn't working some times is when people call me sometimes it will not go through. I have to restart the phone and then it magically works. Is this a SIM card issue or phone issue. It works perfect for a bit and then the calls stop coming in and I have to restart ..help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Interesting because I didn't have an issue telling them my IMEI when I had my Z2 (when I switched from Galaxy S3 [international version]). Since I wasn't on the unlimited plan (was on the 300 MB before changing to 1 GB because of their pricing changes), I didn't have any issues and put me on the LTE network.

From what I heard is that, from the AT&T rep is that, if the IMEI of what's on the network doesn't not match what's registered, they can prevent authorized IMEI's from using their network.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Also, the indicator may say "4g" and that's the same as LTE.

I think it just depends on manufacturer. My g3 only says 4g as well but it's LTE. Glad this problem is solved!!!

It's not that odd to explain. Remember these phones are prepared with the European market in mind. Here in Europe, we don't refer to it as LTE, we refer to it as 4G. Yeah, there are several kinds of LTE within 4G. We just don't bother with them. For example, what now in the US is being called VoLTE, we'll just call it 4G all the same.

We're simplistic like that =P

(By the way, Nokia Networks has started testing 5G. I can't wait to see the mess it'll be in the US when carriers start inventing names lol)
------------------------------------
Quite an easy fix for that. Flash a different country FTF which has the icon (4G or LTE) you want and you are good to go.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm so sick of idiots. So I'm back to square one. Today I couldn't connect to Internet, play store, nothing even though it was showing 4g. Called att and the guy switched the IMEI # to one Tue (system suggested and now it's only on h+. I hung up as soon as he said "let me check if there are any outages"

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm so sick of idiots. So I'm back to square one. Today I couldn't connect to Internet, play store, nothing even though it was showing 4g. Called att and the guy switched the IMEI # to one Tue (system suggested and now it's only on h+. I hung up as soon as he said "let me check if there are any outages"

Go to settings -> more > internet settings and download the APN settings from Sony.

Make sure they have a valid LTE phone setup on your account

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
It says "select operator". I'm assuming I press at&t? I did that and it said (downloading Internet and Mms settings)

That is all that is needed. You should see the correct settings in the APN settings/list. Again, and I can't stress enough, be sure they have an ATT LTE IMEI number configured on your account. Login to your account page and look at the phone that displays for your number. That will give you a good indication. Of course your account has to have LTE service, so make sure they didn't flub that like they did mine.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My z3c is perfect ...I used my iPhone SIM card on it. My LTE is working,perfectly. What isn't working some times is when people call me sometimes it will not go through. I have to restart the phone and then it magically works. Is this a SIM card issue or phone issue. It works perfect for a bit and then the calls stop coming in and I have to restart ..help

Any idea with my issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol