Is the Xperia Z3C coming to the US and how much will it cost?

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
so, unless Verizon offers the Z3 compact, there are no options for their customers because if you import a phone in it wont work due to CDMA. My contract with Verizon is up on Nov. 20 (current Galaxy S3) and I am shying away from the big phones. This unit looks ideal to me. I guess maybe i need to consider switching to T-Mobile. :(

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
CDMA is something of the past, so it would be best to move on and go with a GSM provider.

Dont be ridiculous man. I am in Lafayette, Louisiana and there arent many here in this state or anywhere in the southern United States who doesnt say they are happy with Verizon. Their coverage is second to none here. I can be out in the swamps of Louisiana and get 4g signals while everyone else in the boat with AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint have nothing.

Verizon has always been the highest rated carrier when it comes to customer satisfaction surveys. I had Sprint until 2012 and the best thing i ever did was switch to Verizon.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Dont be ridiculous man. I am in Lafayette, Louisiana and there isnt a soul here in this state or anywhere in the southern United States who doesnt say they are happy with Verizon. Their coverage is second to none here. I can be out in the swamps of Louisiana and get 4g signals while everyone else in the boat with AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint have nothing.

Actually I'm being being realistic as I look at the larger picture.

I got out of CDMA years ago being with Sprint back when I had a flip phone and didn't need to be locked down to a carrier either with a phone, while I have freedom with GSM and can use it worldwide. Besides that, when I had a CDMA, my phone would literally be out of battery within hours of being in Canada that the phone was off before I even knew it. If I was back in US the phone's battery would last as intended since it wasn't roaming.

My phones doesn't run out of of battery with GSM while being in Canada, US, or Asia like that.

If CDMA wasn't a thing of the past, it's interesting that Canada's has mostly phased out CDMA completely switching to GSM. The rest of CDMA phased out in 2017 from Bell Mobility.

Last edited:

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Everyone's use cases are different guy. I for one couldn't care less that I can use my phone all over the world since I don't travel. I have no plans on going to Canada, so why should I care how bad CDMA is up there? I live in NYC so pretty much everyone besides Sprint has great service here, giving me a lot of options, so of course I chose a GSM carrier. But if I was in the sticks or a place where Verizon was the only real option, you best believe I'm switching to Verizon (on the flip side if I traveled a lot I'd chose a GSM carrier for that same reason). You aren't being realistic because you are looking at the situation from your personal standpoint instead of seeing where he is coming from.

On topic, I think it should be priced at $500, but knowing Son'y it'll sell for $550. The Z3 will probably be $650. If it is $550 I'm glad I got it from Handtec for $500 since I don't have to pay tax and it's cheaper overall (what do I lose, band 12 support? Who cares, only carrier branded phones have that anyway, my current moto x and the new one don't either). Also, better updates I'm sure.

BW

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I almost bought it from Clove out of the UK but then decided to wait until the press event because I was worried it might not have capability on US bands. Sounds you aren't worried about it and know more about it than me. Check this price out! Buy Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I almost bought it from Clove out of the UK but then decided to wait until the press event because I was worried it might not have capability on US bands. Sounds you aren't worried about it and know more about it than me. Check this price out! Buy Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

$494.41 is a good price. But just like you, I'm worried about the compatibility. I noticed that Clove lists all of the bands and frequencies:

10-6-2014 4-39-20 PM.png

I also read over on XDA that there are 2 models: D5803 and D5833

BandD5803D5833
HSDPA 850XX
HSDPA 900XX
HSDPA 1700X
HSDPA 1900XX
HSDPA 2100XX
LTE 700XX
LTE 800X
LTE 850XX
LTE 900XX
LTE 1700X
LTE 1800XX
LTE 1900X
LTE 2100XX
LTE 2600XX
LTE 2300X

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the D5803. It works good on At&t but I do have concerns about it going on and off between lte and hspa+. If it turns out att carries the phone or an American unlocked version works perfectly, I'll buy another one and sell this one.

Posted via the Android Central App

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the D5803. It works good on At&t but I do have concerns about it going on and off between lte and hspa+. If it turns out att carries the phone or an American unlocked version works perfectly, I'll buy another one and sell this one.

Posted via the Android Central App

From the looks of the radios your model has, you are covered completely on both AT&T and T-Mobile. If you buy from a Carrier you will have the Carrier name on the lower back. It's always great to be able to switch from one Carrier to another, I think you have the best model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
The event was only to announce the z3v. There is no official word about availability of other models other that the T-Mobile version of the z3. I'm still anxious to hear about what other options will be available thorough Sony directly here in the states.

Posted via Android Central App

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The event was only to announce the z3v. There is no official word about availability of other models other that the T-Mobile version of the z3. I'm still anxious to hear about what other options will be available thorough Sony directly here in the states.

If Verizon will launch the z3v on Oct 23rd, how likely is it that T-Mobile will get it around the same time? Or other carriers, for that matter?

SickLife

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Posted via Android Central App

Even if I didn't want the compact I wouldn't want that crappy z3v

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Everyone's use cases are different guy. I for one couldn't care less that I can use my phone all over the world since I don't travel. I have no plans on going to Canada, so why should I care how bad CDMA is up there? I live in NYC so pretty much everyone besides Sprint has great service here, giving me a lot of options, so of course I chose a GSM carrier. But if I was in the sticks or a place where Verizon was the only real option, you best believe I'm switching to Verizon (on the flip side if I traveled a lot I'd chose a GSM carrier for that same reason). You aren't being realistic because you are looking at the situation from your personal standpoint instead of seeing where he is coming from.

On topic, I think it should be priced at $500, but knowing Son'y it'll sell for $550. The Z3 will probably be $650. If it is $550 I'm glad I got it from Handtec for $500 since I don't have to pay tax and it's cheaper overall (what do I lose, band 12 support? Who cares, only carrier branded phones have that anyway, my current moto x and the new one don't either). Also, better updates I'm sure.

Not really. CDMA is old technology, look at the rest of the world, that's my point as it's still phasing out. Not to mention US (except for military) and two other countries still haven't switched to metric system yet like the rest of the world, but that's for another topic.

Also think this way, what about if I want to sell the phone because some new one came out? It's going to be harder to find buyers if you look at the listings.

I do retract part of what I said about CDMA because of this post from from EAO1991 in which I responded yesterday.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/so...s-different-than-normal-z3-3.html#post3971804

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol