Anyone use a screen protector?

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector since my BlackBerry days. I couldn't stand the orange peal effect, so I strayed away from them over time. I'm giving them consideration again for my new Z3c. I will only go with one if it is not noicible. Anyone have thoughts one way or another?

Posted via the Android Central App

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector since my BlackBerry days. I couldn't stand the orange peal effect, so I strayed away from them over time. I'm giving them consideration again for my new Z3c. I will only go with one if it is not noicible. Anyone have thoughts one way or another?

I assume you mean using film protectors. You can use the tempered glass screen protectors, which don't have this issue.

engineermoore

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you use the one that came with the phone? I'm using the one supplied with the phone, it's like nothing I've used before an I love it. I really the like the matt finish. If anyone knows where I could source some more I would be grateful.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you use the one that came with the phone? I'm using the one supplied with the phone, it's like nothing I've used before an I love it. I really the like the matt finish. If anyone knows where I could source some more I would be grateful.

It's just an anti glare. I've personally always hated them because they take away from the clear bright screen. I like the crystal clear screen protectors.

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Use a Tempered Glass Screen protector, they smudge less, are crystal clear and can protect your screen if dropped on it's face by cracking before your actual screen does. There are plenty of companies making them, I have spent $10-35 on them and honestly haven't noticed much difference. I'd say maybe the only difference has been one of the more expensive ones(can't remember which anymore) had a bit better oil(fingerprint) resistant coating. I'll be ordering one from Amazon this weekend as my phone is in shipment.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Use a Tempered Glass Screen protector, they smudge less, are crystal clear and can protect your screen if dropped on it's face by cracking before your actual screen does. There are plenty of companies making them, I have spent $10-35 on them and honestly haven't noticed much difference. I'd say maybe the only difference has been one of the more expensive ones(can't remember which anymore) had a bit better oil(fingerprint) resistant coating. I'll be ordering one from Amazon this weekend as my phone is in shipment.

Mind giving a link to the one you're looking at?

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I was going to get some Tempered Glass ones off Amazon, but I'm waiting a bit to see if dbrand.glass makes them for the Z3C as they're using Gorilla Glass 3 on theirs.

CheddarBo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought the following screen protector from amazon : Pioneer Screen Protector My first impressions are that it is good, but not great. My friends Tempered glass ZAGG for his S5 smudges far less than this model, and the .3mm thickness is a little bit noticeable. Overall a good value for the price, but not the best.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just bought some tempered glass ones for the front and back.
I also paid for the accident protection plan through Sony.