Will a global, unlocked Z3 Compact work on T-Mobile's Network?

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Just to clarify, I'm not referring to the VoLTE that's supposed to be coming out next year or whatever the case is. I just care about getting my hands on an unlocked Z3 Compact from anywhere honestly, just as long as it's compatible with T-Mobile's current 4GLTE network. If someone has the answer to my question, I'd be greatly appreciative if i could hear from them. Thanks everyone!

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify, I'm not referring to the VoLTE that's supposed to be coming out next year or whatever the case is. I just care about getting my hands on an unlocked Z3 Compact from anywhere honestly, just as long as it's compatible with T-Mobile's current 4GLTE network. If someone has the answer to my question, I'd be greatly appreciative if i could hear from them. Thanks everyone!

If I had to guess I would think that the version you will be able to buy from the US sony store will be compatible with Tmob and ATT. Just guessing but that would make sense.

ehiggins

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The D5803 model will work with current T-Mobile bands. The future LTE rollout for T-mobile will be LTE Band 12. That is not supported by any model of Xperia phone. The Z3 that will appear on T-mobile is rumored to have Band 12 support. Currently you want Band 2 and 4 support, band 5 will give you roaming in some areas.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
If I had to guess I would think that the version you will be able to buy from the US sony store will be compatible with Tmob and ATT. Just guessing but that would make sense.

You could or if you want to save some money, buy it from eBay.

The D5803 model will work with current T-Mobile bands. The future LTE rollout for T-mobile will be LTE Band 12. That is not supported by any model of Xperia phone. The Z3 that will appear on T-mobile is rumored to have Band 12 support. Currently you want Band 2 and 4 support, band 5 will give you roaming in some areas.

The Z3 from T-Mobile about LTE Band 12 is not a rumor, it's been confirmed already since it's listed in Sony Xperia's white paper.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you guys explain the Band 12 thing to the Tech-challenged? Does it mean the phone won't function as well once T-mobile gets the band, or that it just won't be faster than what it is now?

ETjumps

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about all that band stuff, but I got a z3 compact on amazon and got a sim card at t-mobile and it works great and shows the letters lte in status bar (in florida)

randian

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Can you guys explain the Band 12 thing to the Tech-challenged? Does it mean the phone won't function as well once T-mobile gets the band, or that it just won't be faster than what it is now?
Band 12 is low frequency spectrum. Better range in rural areas and better reception inside buildings, but much lower bandwidth/speed.

Tired_Tortoise

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Just got my international z3 two days ago and running it on t-mobile. It works great!. I have not noticed LTE showing up but T-mobile's hspa+ is plenty fast where I am, Pheonix Az area. If you are really hoping for LTE I would wait for the official tmo z3.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Just got my international z3 two days ago and running it on t-mobile. It works great!. I have not noticed LTE showing up but T-mobile's hspa+ is plenty fast where I am, Pheonix Az area. If you are really hoping for LTE I would wait for the official tmo z3.

Did you make sure to download the internet and MMS settings on the phone?

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
For the Z3, T-Mobile's website states:

•Quad Band GSM; UMTS: Band I (2100), Band II (1900), Band IV (1700/2100), Band V (850), Band VIII (900); LTE: 2, 4, 17

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Opened up a tmobile account this morning and added a z3c and a z3. Both speed an lte connection without having to do much of anything and appears to be working fine. Just adding another confirmation. It's was a d5803 and d6603 respectively.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedVagabond

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Opened up a tmobile account this morning and added a z3c and a z3. Both speed an lte connection without having to do much of anything and appears to be working fine. Just adding another confirmation. It's was a d5803 and d6603 respectively.

By chance did you get the opportunity to try out the wifi calling? Does it work well? I really want the z3c, but even a black z3 is so boring to me. I want colors, and would happily buy one from somewhere else and bring it over if wifi calling worked.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the wifi calling is limited to the tmobile version of the z3. I'm hopeful that they may add the ability to add it to any android phone in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.