On Sprint?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've seen numerous articles from earlier this month stating that T-Mobile and Sprint would be getting the Z3. I know it's a done deal on T-Mo, but haven't seen any "official" confirmation of either the Z3 or the Z3C for Sprint. In the Sprint forums they sort of dodge the question and just direct people to the newsroom site for any announcements ( Recent News & Articles | Sprint Newsroom ). Does anyone have any info on regarding Sprint carrying either of these devices? I'd be most interested in the Compact, but would honestly go for either one!

paulmroth1967

May 1, 2013
Visit site
We may be in for a nice surprise! Bell Mobility of Canada is getting the Z3 Compact on October 31st. Bell Mobility is a CDMA carrier just like Sprint. Also, SoftBank wants to bring Japanese branded phones to the USA, the first of which is the Sharp Aquos Crystal. It is not too much of a stretch to believe a Sony phone might be joining the Now Network soon.

3vo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Will this be the 1st time a Sony is offered on Bell Mobility? If so, that´s even more promising for Sprint. I am going to leave Sprint if they do not offer the Z3 Compact. Sprint used to offer the best phone selection in the USA, but now has the worst selection ever since Sprint started carrying the iPhone. Its almost as if Sprint is trying to ~push~ all customers towards the iPhone, which really sucks for Android fans like me.

Honestly, I wish carriers would do away with CDMA and switch to GSM, as this would facilitate carriers offering better phone selection, however I think CDMA and GSM will be replaced by VoLTE, so there is no incentive for CDMA carriers to switch to GSM at this point.

Last edited:

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...it'd be nice if, in five or ten years, we were all using the same tech and could jump carriers at any time while keeping the same device.

It'll never be that easy, of course...

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
We may be in for a nice surprise! Bell Mobility of Canada is getting the Z3 Compact on October 31st. Bell Mobility is a CDMA carrier just like Sprint...

Bell Mobility is mainly a GSM carrier which maintains a legacy CDMA network. They have already began to shutting down CDMA since earlier this year.

Bell Mobility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will this be the 1st time a Sony is offered on Bell Mobility?...
Honestly, I wish carriers would do away with CDMA and switch to GSM, as this would facilitate carriers offering better phone selection, however I think CDMA and GSM will be replaced by VoLTE, so there is no incentive for CDMA carriers to switch to GSM at this point.

Nope, it isn't the first since Bell Mobility offered the Z2.

I also agree, CDMA is dated. Canada is mostly GSM now as most carriers have switched over. US should do the same.

To me, in a way it's almost like, why (and two other countries) still using the US Customary units and not switched over to metric, while the rest of the rest of the world is.

3vo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting. I'd really like to know why Sprint and VZ haven't migrated to GSM. CDMA is actually a more advanced technology than GSM, however for cellular purposes, GSM has been updated to the point where 3G GSM speeds are equal to or better than 3G CDMA speeds, but of course this is all irrelevant once VoLTE becomes the standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34