what's your battery life?

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone for about a week and I'm not getting that epic battery life I'm expecting.

I had a z2 and it felt like the battery life was better. Maybe its just in my head, but how's battery life for you?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the device, but are you doing anything different? Are settings generally the same (screen brightness, sync, data, etc)?

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the device, but are you doing anything different? Are settings generally the same (screen brightness, sync, data, etc)?

Nothing different at all. In fact I have less apps than I did with the z2 and all settings are defaulted. According to the battery info the screen takes about 50 to 60% of the usage.

My typical usage is similar to my old phone but it seems to drain about twice as fast.

ffosse

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
In 2 weeks I've found the battery life to be excellent; I charge it every 48 hours - no battery saving mode employed.

kertong

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My battery life off the bat was a little disappointing - I had just come from a 2014 moto X, and the Z3C got about the same battery life - 4 hours SOT across ~14-15 hours.

A factory reset, and a lot of troubleshooting/tweaking later, I finally managed good battery life today - 6 hours 15 min of SOT across 32 hours. Hopefully it will keep improving!

Some things that helped me get better battery life:
1) cleared cache and data for google search app and google play services app
2) hooked up to computer and watched adb logcat while z3c was locked and asleep - saw errors coming from the yelp app (error connecting to gmaps again and again), and prevented the phone from deep sleep.
3) i had android device manager disabled in settings->security->device administrators, but in the "google settings" app icon, it was still enabled to report location. disabled that.
4) turned on stamina mode, stamina clock, enabled queued background data, whitelisted instagram/messenger/gmail.

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with the factory reset increasing my battery life as well, I easily make it through a day. I think i could push two days if I wanted to, I typically see 3-5 hours of SOT(16-18 hours on) and put it on the charger at 20-30% at night. I also think that once the Z3C is released in the US then flashing the latest US firmware could help as well, some things could be optimized for the cell towers in the US.

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've never had better battery life from a phone. It's just insane!

Attachments

• 8260.jpg
    8260.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 8259.jpg
    8259.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 75

own_process

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Z3C for a couple of months. Best thing about it is the battery. I'd fully charged it last night, had fairly heavy usage compulsively checking social media emails etc all day (4pm here) lol and at the end of the day I'm at 72%! My iphone would've been on its last legs.

Really impressed.

Beheima

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am only connected to Wi-Fi so far (waiting for my SIM card) but I get over 8 hours screen on time with over 20% battery left.
I see that listening to iheart drains it faster. I also downloaded acdisplay and that might be draining it faster too.