Z3c charging via side magnetic connector is very slow.. why?

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-11-05-08-26-58.png
I charge z3c via magnetic connector on my bed time from 1.30am to 8am in the morning (about 6.5-7 hrs) it can be charged from 25 to 75 % only. Why does it charge too slow? Or I have to charge via micro USB connection. I'm afraid that if I have to charge via micro USB everyday, the cover flap may be loose and will not water-proof anymore..

Do you have any recommendation?

Spirk

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The magnetic charging cable does charge much slower than the micro USB port but it shouldn't be that slow. You're right; opening the side flap often will eventually compromise it's ability to seal water tight. What charger are you using and what is it rated? I use the USB port on my Sony clock - rated at 1.5 amps - and my Z3C charges to 100% in under 6 hours.

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible if I change to wall charger to 2.1A . I'm not sure that the cable is working well. But I used to use this set of adapter and cable with Z1C. And they work well.
Does the 2.1 adapter will harm my Z3C battery?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible if I change to wall charger to 2.1A . I'm not sure that the cable is working well. But I used to use this set of adapter and cable with Z1C. And they work well.
Does the 2.1 adapter will harm my Z3C battery?

Mine works fine with a 2.1A charger. The factory charger is rated at 1.5A, so the phone probably only draws something like 1.2A. But the problem you're having is a little odd. With the magnetic charger connected, go to settings>about phone>status. Under battery status, it should say charging (AC). If it says charging (USB), then its only drawing 500 mA maximum.

Hadoz 1

May 23, 2015
Visit site
It will take 2.1A if you have 2.1A charger.
Lithium ion battery allow quite high charging current. But is recommended to charge at 0.5C so charging current should be half capacity of battery. If you have 3000mA it will be 1500mA. If you charge more then 0.5C often you can reduce battery live.

phylez

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Not having any problems with mine. Using the magneto cable bought at Amazon. Charges quite fast actually. 😃

Have the same one. Not sure I notice a difference. Possibly a bit slower but haven't ever timed it. I use it to preserve the seals as I use my phone for navigation on my motorcycle and it rains quite a bit here. So far so good 👍

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae