Phone pop up

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Or, lack thereof..
I like the stock sony phone/answering machine app. I don't get a pop up though of who is calling and can't figure out how to get it to happen. I screen my calls, and can't imagine this phone won't show me who is trying to call.

Also, I can't even answer a call without opening the phone app, which seems odd. If the phone is sitting idle and I get a call, I hear it ringing, but in order to answer, I need to punch in my lock code, go to the phone app, turn answering machine off, then I can answer. I had a Z2 briefly and one of the things I liked about the phone was the actual phone app. I must have a setting off, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any tips?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That is really strange. Every phone and ROM I have had the caller ID shows up regardless of what I am doing. Have you tried a reboot?

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Yet another odd thing. I used Phonefusion on my GS3. I tried to set it up thinking it might be a work around. The app is telling me that calls are being forwarded, but it isn't happening. I'm lost in the default Sony app.

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
In case anyone else has this problem, I reset the phone and all is well. It basically wouldn't allow me to change anything phone related. Works now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze