Has anyone experienced music wiping off of their Walkman app?

Anethos

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
1 problem and one general question.

Hi,

Have the Xperia Z3 compact, was just wondering if anyone has experienced their music suddenly wiping off the Walkman App? It suddenly, "reset" and all the music was cleared randomly.

Secondly, does anyone know where the phone back ups are stored on the computer? Everytime you make a back-up does it overwrite the previous one, or are they kept consecutively in order?

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1 problem and one general question.

Welcome to Android Central! Was it only the music app that seemed to reset, or the whole phone? Where was the music stored--on Internal Storage or the microSD card? SD cards can fail or get corrupted. Also, see if the files are still there in the directory, and perhaps it's just the app that is malfunctioning--use a file manager app like ES File Explorer to look in your Music directory.

How are you backing up to the computer? Are you using some kind of backup software provided by Sony?

Anethos

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Hi thanks for the reply. When it wiped off, it was storing to the internal storage, but i have installed a 64G microSD card and it seems to transfer by default to the microSD card. Perhaps it did fail. It has only done it once, it was just annoying as i had to retransfer everything. The files were still in the directory as when i went to settings to see the storage stats, it said it had more data stored on the app, besides accounting for the actual app itself.

I am using the back-up software provided by Sony mobile communications that shipped with the Sony Z3 compact.

Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry, I'm not entirely clear on that--so were the files on Internal Storage or the microSD card when they all disappeared?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

So the files are still present in a directory in Internal Storage, but the Walkman app isn't reading them?

Anethos

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Also, are you able to tell me where the backups are stored (i.e file path) on both OS X and Windows 7?