Should I buy?

RisaNa

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I looking at buying the Z3 compact. I've been using my galaxy tab 3 7.0 for about 2 years now as my primary "phone" because my previous one got stolen and I finally have the money to get a phone I want. I also had a second hand S3 which I used primarily for entertainment purposes(gaming, taking pictures, music etc)

I love most of the listed specs but, I have concerns about a few things
1. With a glass front and back panels how sturdy is the phone? What kind of case and screen protector is recommend if I do decide to buy this phone?
2. The phone only has 16 GB of internal memory. How much of the apps can be moved over to an SD card?
3. How well does this phone handle intensive games like Assassins creed pirates? Also is the screen big enough to handle a game like that? (It played decent on my S3 however, it would crash after awhile.)

Lastly, what other phones besides this one would you guys recommend?

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

I'm sorry about the tardy welcome, and that you've had no response. I just happened to look in here by chance. I don't own a high-end Sony, but I can say that I've always been impressed by them. The cameras in particular interest me, as perhaps the next best thing to those on the high-end Nokia Lumias. I've been considering the slightly older Z2 and Z1 Compact recently, since, in the UK at least, they are now available much cheaper than the Z3 and Z3 Compact, and seem pretty much as good.

Posted via the Android Central App

eahinrichsen

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The phone is pretty sturdy. I have the screen bare, but a screen protector on the back panel since the back panel isn't made of the same toughened glass as the screen. No issues so far. The rest of the build quality is really very good. It feels extremely solid in the hand, and I've spilled water all over it and dropped it in the snow with no issues. The water resistance is really good.

You cannot move apps to the SD card on this phone. This may change when it gets the Lollipop update, but as it currently stands, apps are stuck in internal memory, and that 16GB will fill up pretty quickly if you play big games.

I can't really comment on how well it handles intense games. The most graphically intense game that I've played on it is Limbo, which runs very well and looks good.

All in all, I probably wouldn't recommend it for you right now. With the SD card restrictions, it's probably not a great phone for people who want to play graphically intensive games. If you can wait until it gets the update, then do so, because otherwise, it's great.

RisaNa

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome :). I did also consider the z1 compact, but i realized it had slightly less screen real estate than the z3 compact

Posted via the Android Central App

greenroomhoo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I bought the phone in the fall. There was a lot i liked about it and some i did not like. BUT i found the call quality just too poor - that is outgoing quality. I tested this a lot with several units callers could not hear me anywhere close to as well as other similar handsets.

I returned it.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I love my Z3 Compact. I'd say hands down best android phone I have ever owned. Works well on T-Mobile here in Chicago. No issues with call quality.
I am not a gamer but a friend is and he connected to his ps4 with my phone and it handled remote play with no issues.
I have dropped my phone several times. I just have a tpu case and tempered glass screen protector and have not had any issues. I did buy direct thru Sony and purchased the accidental protection plan.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact or Blackberry Z10

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
So far best phone i ever owned. Its fast and furious.
I wonder if there is anything very much better in its price and class bracket today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss