Where did you buy your Z3c?

Motohead

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I are trying to buy a model D5803 Z3c in White, but I'm confused by the different retailers on Amazon. There is one listed for $392 sold by HeavyDuty Electronics that says No-warranty in the title. Has anyone bought one of these? I assume that means no warranty through the retailer, but I want to make sure it still has the original manufacturer warranty.

The prices on the Sony USA site are about $90 more, so I want to make sure the Amazon deal is clean.

Here is the URL for the Amazon listing...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NW...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4340370

Thanks!

Drew

Motohead

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
It is odd, because the black version from the same seller doesn't say that.

Perhaps a Squaretrade or similar policy is in order...

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from B&H. Placed an order and it was on my doorstep the next day. A month or so later, I had an issue and happened to be in the city. Walked into the store, and walked out with a new phone. Awesome service. Great prices.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought direct from Sony and also bought their 2 year accidental damage protection along with it.

posted via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Bought a white Z3 compact from Vodacom , my service provider, on contract .
Although i get the full warranty with it, fully insured the phone myself separately'

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought through Amazon from one of those sellers that says no warranty. My phone is an Austrian T-Mobile device and I'm in the US. Sony will still honor the warranty but they will warn you it might take longer to repair it if they have to get parts that aren't in the US. I had no problem sending the phone in for a screen replacement when the touch screen stopped working.

Motohead

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok, good to hear. We don't have a problem (or phone) yet, but I want to make sure I can deal with Sony US if we do.

So I'm guessing the phone didn't come with a registration card, but they didn't give you any trouble over that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see a warranty card but most of the paper with the phone was in German. I assume they know everything about the phone there is to know once you give them the IMEI, including if it's in warranty and from what country.

WyndyR

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I bought from Amazon but paid $438 (unlocked), and paid separately for a 2-year warranty that now, on reading reviews, seems pretty useless in light of the fact that my rear screen cracked on Day 7 and it doesn't appear helpful. I think there's a deductible too. FYI, the model D5803 is the correct one for US frequencies; the other model offered is for Europe.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Bought mine thru Sony from their website. I also purchased the extended service plan with accidental coverage.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact or Blackberry Z10

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have no issues getting updates. I am on T-Mobile and it hasn't mattered. My last phone was a Moto X, T-Mobile doesn't support that one either but I had no issues updating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38