Z3 Manufacturing process

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
If this phone and its components are all manufactured by the same company, in the same factory, by the same people, why is it that some phones have certain issues and others dont.
Is it the hardware or the software that is causing the problems.
Some people just seem to look at the phone and it cracks.
With each new lollipop, there comes a whole host of issues. Now could this be user related, could there be an app on the phone which interferes with the new firmware.
I dont know, all i know as at the moment my Lollipop works just fine in all departments. I like it, and it feels like the phone is up there with the top of the range.
Infact, i dont know what more can a phone offer.......
My rant over. for now..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No phone that I know of is manufactured and assembled 100% at the same factory. If I'm wrong I'd be glad to be proven so.

The reason some phones may have issues and others don't is because of that. Individual components are usually sourced from several other companies, and even different batches from different production lines might be mixed and have different issues.

On top of that, add software customizations from carriers and that might trigger some more incompatibilities.

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
OK if this is the case, then the manufacturer can see which components are causing the issues and take it from there. Some things i suppose can be rectified easily, some others not, and i suppose thats when they replace the unit. Its the way to go.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah, but not always. Sometimes it's hard to diagnose what went wrong with some components (and yeah, that doesn't speak very well of their Quality Control haha) and they do their fair share of testing, but sometimes components just fail. And as devices become more and more compact and difficult to repair, open up, and diagnose, sometimes if they can't fix it quickly, they just replace the unit.

But yeah, if they figure out that a single component is failing, their supplier will be notified and most of the time, made responsible for damages and repairs.

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I assume the various service providers do some testing before they market the product.
I wouldn't like to sell stuff that keeps on coming back. Thats not good for business.
In my case i was told Vodacom does a thorough test and check, and very seldom markets a problematic device. Although some stuff does come back

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, most companies do. But there are components that are only sampled, not checked 100%, and some problems might arise from specific combinations of things in a phone that manufacturers can't test (like installing three apps together and receiving an update from a certain carrier).

Sometimes companies might take calculated risks with some stuff like releasing a device to meet launch dates with buggy software. Also, first-batch devices are usually the ones with the most hardware-related flaws since the manufacturing process is still being perfected (they usually qualify the process, but practice makes perfect, and operators only get better with time, and some mistakes might slip into the first device batches).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay