Android Lollipop query & other concerns

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have had Xperia Z phones in the past and although i was generally satisfied there were a few disappointments. I wanted to inquire and discuss about the Android Lollipop update for the Z3 Compact specifically:
1. Camera
Based on my own experience (with the Z1 & Z2) the camera bootup is still slower than expected, the shutter button is slower than expected and the picture quality is cooler, somewhat unnatural and an overexposed photo when using flash during night shots. This experience is equal to the reviews i have read online. Has this been addressed?
2. Speakers
I understand the waterproofing would somehow make the speakers muffled and it has always been the case with Z phones. Has the sound somewhat improved with the Lollipop update?
3. Music/Walkman
Has there been improvements on the music player such as Flac support, gapless playback and general sound enhancements?
4. Does the Z3 compact support HD voice? And are there any improvements on incoming call quality?
5. Why is the bootup time still around 30 seconds? With an iPhone 6 (with inferior specs the bootup is 10 seconds or less)
6. Any improvements on battery life?
7. Is there an option to auto set installing of apps & files on the SD card?
8. Any improvements on the auto focus of the camera? My phone seems a tad slower than the iPhone 6
9. Did the Lollipop update brought back the full Silent mode? (similar to what Samsung did to the S5).
I am not into rooting or ROMs. I don't depend too much on benchmarks either although figures does help. And you can't help but compare the phone to the competition which is the iPhone 6 and i am curious as to what Sony has come up with taking in complaints & suggestions and translating those into updates. I have not found my answer when i rung Sony Mobile UK. The UK Sony Mobile website also does not provide answers instead very vauge/general information and the official UK forums is next to pointless as i only get a response of "Do not duplicate thread" (which clearly i have not) and replies are too slow (or too rude) and emailing them is also a hopeless case as the website seems to crash everytime you do email. Please advice. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke