How can I get my music to my phone without pain?

Fig

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Music to phone without pain

Hi all, a total noob regarding smarty phones here so go easy.

How on earth do I get my music to the phone in an convenient way?

I'm using iTunes on Mac (both Mavericks and Yosemity) so Sony tells me to use Sony Bridge. What an awful pos. It just doesn't work. It hangs and freezes on me.

I've tried AirDroid but without a SD card (haven't got one yet, I thought 16G should be fine for now) I can't use the USB mass storage way. The WiFi way doesn't work.

Please help

Westy1800

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Music to phone without pain

I had the same problem. I tried a few programs purported to work but without success. That was until I YouTubed it, where the issue was swiftly resolved.

Basically from memory you have to convert your entire ITunes library to Mp3 format. This then creates a duplicate library entry of all your music. You then delete the ITunes format leaving just the Mp3 files. I then copied the music from the ITunes library on my hard drive over to my phone using Sony's MediaGo program. I bit of tweaking here and there to sort some filles not correctly copied across but at worse 99% of my 5400
tracks went across. Some of the music bought on ITunes were the 1% which were Copyrighted and refused to change format to Mp3. This was resolved with a re-purchase of the album.. A small price to pay..

By the way I buy music off Amazon Music which is Mp3 format is saved straight to my library.. Google Play music is a nightmare and doesn't seem to appear in your phone's library unless that's now been resolved.

Hope this helps..

Posted via the Android Central App using my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

Fig

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks but my iTunes library is already in mp3 and Sony Bridge keeps freezing up. Most my music are originally from CDs. Anyway I managed to squeeze a handfull of albums in there with the atrocious Sony Bridge on my better specced MBP. Very painful but it will do until I get a bigger SD card and use the Mass storage way.

Apart from the Sony Bridge crap, the phone is amazing.

alien12520

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

With mac you could use android file transfer, it works for all android...it's free

Posted via the Android Central App

antonvs

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

The simple solution I always stick to is to simply copy my files to a microSD card on my computer into a folder structure the insert the card into my phone. It's quick and avoids hassles. As for iTunes, I have not used it for years. Direct copies or wifi is my only method.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463