New Contact entries don't save

antonvs

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a Xperia ZS3 compact that has been running well for several months. All of a sudden no new contacts save. I was using dwcontacts but deleted this and then tried the stock Android app but this does the same. When I press save I see "saving" but then nothing shows in a search of any field. However the new contract does appear in the dealer, just not in contacts. I have plenty of storage space and have tried several types of new entries, but none now show. I have around 1200 existing contacts and they all appear to show ok. Very strange, especially as I unit seen anyone else have the same problem.

So I'm not sure if it is an android or Sony z3 issue, that's why I have posted here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the Z3 Compact forum, because the former is intended more for developers to showcase their apps.

When you're entering the contacts in the Contacts app, which account are you selecting for the app to be associated with? Your Google account? The local Phone account?

Are you sure the Contacts app is set to show all accounts? If, for example, all of your preexisting contacts are synced from your Google account, and you've been adding new contacts to the local Phone account, then the new ones might not show up if the Contacts app is set to show only your Google account contacts.

antonvs

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy, thanks for your reply. I have got contacts set to my google account and had been using smoothSync which I tried removing as well. Ever since I moved over from using an iPhone I have been struggling to get and keep contacts syncing. I wonder if part of the problem is that I have 3 Gmail accounts even though I only use one for contacts.

What is now most confusing is that up till a couple of days ago I could at least put in a new contact manually and it would save, so I can't figure out what may have changed.

I should also mention I'm running lollipop 5.1

Anyway I will have another look at the contract app settings for a clue.

antonvs

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, a bit of progress. When I check in google contacts the new contacts I have made are there. So what I struggle with is if I make the contact in the default sony/android app, how come they are only saving to google? Is it possible to not have the local address book excluded? I would find it easier to understand if it was the other way around.

antonvs

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
And now solved. The problem for me was more to do with terminology. I had been looking under the settings tab of the Contacts app, but the problem I had was to be found under the "filter" tab and then "Display- local" was deselected. Not obvious to me.

Anyway hope this might help someone else who's a wrinkly like me. Cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois