Xperia Z5 Rumor

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
To be taken with a grain of salt, but if true, this is a BEAST. That battery alone has me drooling. I've never had a Sony smartphone, so can someone enlighten me on the UI, as well has the battery life of Xperia phones? How's the SOT and stand by?

Xperia Z5 looks like a real beast in first big leak

The Z1 (for it's time) had really good battery life, not so great in comparison to the Z2 and Z3 which had exceptional battery life. The Z3+ I'm hearing is about average on battery because they dropped the size a bit. As for the UI and software, it's very very clean and elegant. Much more attractive than Touchwiz or LG's UI. Sony doesn't heavily skin their UI, they just do enough to make it unique to them and are classy about it.

As for performance, one thing I've noticed about Sony's engineers, they are pretty damn precise and not sloppy at all. I've repeatedly watched them release android version updates that ran just as well as my Nexus devices. Most recently when they released 5.02 they took it upon themselves to internally address some of the glitches that were complained about from 5.0 to 5.02 that Google themselves took until 5.11 on the Nexus.

I'm glad they're finally taking steps (if this leak proves true!) to address the fact that the Camera sensor on currently existing Xperias is actually worse than the sensor they themselves license to their competitors lol. Music is also a treat on Xperia. Best damn music app of any mainstream android phone. Speakers aren't quite as loud as HTC's but close enough. Not really a sticking point to me, I always use the headphone jack either on the go or in my truck. Their photo app is quite nice as well but I don't bother with it because Google Photos syncs better with my tablet, and I have no desire to use Sony's own cloud service.

Anything else you want to know just ask, I've been using Xperia phones since 2013. I still happily use my Z1 as my daily but I've had the Z2 and Z3 as loaners to play around with for a few weeks each because I have a family member who's a sales rep for Sony's mobile division ;) The only reason I haven't upgraded is because I've been waiting for them to significantly upgrade the camera. I'll admit I was tempted by the S6 but all of the complaints going around turned me off. I'd like to finally switch phones this Fall so if this leak pans out my top 3 picks are going to be the Z5, Nexus 2015, or possibly switching over to the next iPhone.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The Z1 (for it's time) had really good battery life, not so great in comparison to the Z2 and Z3 which had exceptional battery life. The Z3+ I'm hearing is about average on battery because they dropped the size a bit. As for the UI and software, it's very very clean and elegant. Much more attractive than Touchwiz or LG's UI. Sony doesn't heavily skin their UI, they just do enough to make it unique to them and are classy about it.

As for performance, one thing I've noticed about Sony's engineers, they are pretty damn precise and not sloppy at all. I've repeatedly watched them release android version updates that ran just as well as my Nexus devices. Most recently when they released 5.02 they took it upon themselves to internally address some of the glitches that were complained about from 5.0 to 5.02 that Google themselves took until 5.11 on the Nexus.

I'm glad they're finally taking steps (if this leak proves true!) to address the fact that the Camera sensor on currently existing Xperias is actually worse than the sensor they themselves license to their competitors lol. Music is also a treat on Xperia. Best damn music app of any mainstream android phone. Speakers aren't quite as loud as HTC's but close enough. Not really a sticking point to me, I always use the headphone jack either on the go or in my truck. Their photo app is quite nice as well but I don't bother with it because Google Photos syncs better with my tablet, and I have no desire to use Sony's own cloud service.

Anything else you want to know just ask, I've been using Xperia phones since 2013. I still happily use my Z1 as my daily but I've had the Z2 and Z3 as loaners to play around with for a few weeks each because I have a family member who's a sales rep for Sony's mobile division ;) The only reason I haven't upgraded is because I've been waiting for them to significantly upgrade the camera. I'll admit I was tempted by the S6 but all of the complaints going around turned me off. I'd like to finally switch phones this Fall so if this leak pans out my top 3 picks are going to be the Z5, Nexus 2015, or possibly switching over to the next iPhone.

Thanks so much for your detailed response. This phone, if true is a serious consideration, along with the Nexus 2015 phablet and the rumored Moto X phablet. While I do prefer stock Android or Motorola's take on Android, with only the most useful features, one concern I have is the ability to repair my device locally, since I know most shops more readily have Samsung and Apple parts on hand. Have you ever had to repair any of your Xperia phones? If so, what was the process like? Thanks again! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I haven't sorry, glad you liked the info. If it's any help, Sony does have authorized repair locations they use but I don't know if you have any near you

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get a Sony. But where can I buy one!?! I'm stuck on AT&T. If the Z5 came to AT&T...... Are the Xperias responsive? Good battery? Is the camera quick? Those are my three biggest complaints with the Note 4.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm running an unlocked Z3 on AT&T right now, and I love it. Grab a 6603 model from Amazon if you're so inclined. It works perfectly on AT&T.

I have to say, I'm a big fan of this Sony phone. Excellent, all-day battery life, waterproof, magnetic charger, relatively stock Android, it's a really solid device.

I've traditionally been a bit of a Motorola homer, and I've had both Moto X iterations as well as a Nexus 6. While I think the new Moto X Pure looks intriguing, I'm eagerly awaiting what Sony plans to unveil with the Z5. I think a 1080p screen on a phone is plenty of resolution, and that the cost in extra battery oomph needed for a QHD screen far outweighs the benefit of that extra clarity. That said, I doubt we'll be lucky enough to have a Z5 with a 1080p screen and otherwise "cutting edge" specs. Still, if these rumors are true, the Z5 may very well be my next device. If not, I suppose I'll just "suffer" with my Z3 until the next great thing comes along!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm running an unlocked Z3 on AT&T right now, and I love it. Grab a 6603 model from Amazon if you're so inclined. It works perfectly on AT&T.

I have to say, I'm a big fan of this Sony phone. Excellent, all-day battery life, waterproof, magnetic charger, relatively stock Android, it's a really solid device.

I've traditionally been a bit of a Motorola homer, and I've had both Moto X iterations as well as a Nexus 6. While I think the new Moto X Pure looks intriguing, I'm eagerly awaiting what Sony plans to unveil with the Z5. I think a 1080p screen on a phone is plenty of resolution, and that the cost in extra battery oomph needed for a QHD screen far outweighs the benefit of that extra clarity. That said, I doubt we'll be lucky enough to have a Z5 with a 1080p screen and otherwise "cutting edge" specs. Still, if these rumors are true, the Z5 may very well be my next device. If not, I suppose I'll just "suffer" with my Z3 until the next great thing comes along!

I agree but unfortunately because Android OEM's are waging a spec war on each other that's reached a point where they're throwing qhd screens at us with battery life as an afterthought, I think we're going to find it harder and harder to find models still using 1080p

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Not even close to Stock Android, c'mon man! Install Cm12.1 on it and then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Sony first shut down their ebook store and now their phone and tablet store. The trend of shut downs doesn't lead me to believe they will be re-opening it any time soon. I suspect Amazon will be the major source as they sell the different varieties of the Z3 Compact. I would be concerned about getting updates since Sony has such a limited footprint here and aren't sold through any of the carriers. Aside from that concern, the rumored specs are exactly what I'm looking for in my next phone.

neildarlow

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
If you buy Sony phones unlocked the updates come from Sony direct and I've found them to be very timely.

Sony are currently working on a UI revamp and there are rumours that it will be more vanilla Android than at present with a few bells added.

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Compact using Tapatalk.

Greg Matthews

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a Xperia z3, battery life is awesome, front firing dual speakers, and the phone never stutters. UI is very light. Absolutely love it! Oh yea and the best waterproofing and dustproofing hands down.

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
eBay and Amazon have new Z3+. I just ordered it from eBay for $500, 32GB in white.

I would love to get a Sony. But where can I buy one!?! I'm stuck on AT&T. If the Z5 came to AT&T...... Are the Xperias responsive? Good battery? Is the camera quick? Those are my three biggest complaints with the Note 4.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe this thread is so quiet with all the Z5 news!? For those that might not have seen the recent "leaks," this is th eone that appears to be the source: Check out the Sony Xperia Z5; three models, including an Xperia Z5 Premium, to be unveiled next week? (UPDATE)

I'm excited to see what the Z5 Premium will look like. The larger phone should help the SD810 dissipate heat better and will allow for a bigger battery so battery life should be maintained with the bigger display. I just wish they would have bumped the RAM to 4gb. Other thoughts?

Mod request: How about renaming this thread Z5......Z3 Neo doesn't mean anything anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star