Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile

So its all but confirmed it coming to the magenta carrier, any idea on when and for how much? I'm guessing its going to be $200 down and $20 a month but I could be wrong.

Default Re: T-Mobile

Im hoping for a 0 down sale. I need 2 and over $400 to get started isnt gonna make it happen
    T-Mobile G1-->Motorola Backflip-->Samsung Captivate-->Motorola Atrix-->Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX-->LG Nexus 4-->Samsung Galaxy Note 2-->Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

We can buy it outright from T-Mobile and just bring it over to AT&T right? I've never done that before, but it seems like the only option.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jidery View Post
    So its all but confirmed it coming to the magenta carrier, any idea on when and for how much? I'm guessing its going to be $200 down and $20 a month but I could be wrong.
    it looks like t-mobile is saying these fall

Quote Originally Posted by jidery View Post
    It is confirmed by Tmo........T-Mobile to add the all-new Sony Xperia® Z3 this fall | T-Mobile Newsroom

Pricing will depend on how you finance the device. Tmo doesn't subsidize phones any more, you have to purchase. How much you pay can vary depending on how you decide to pay for the phone.

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    We can buy it outright from T-Mobile and just bring it over to AT&T right? I've never done that before, but it seems like the only option.

Yes you can as long as it is unlocked or you unlock it. But you May be able to just buy it straight from Sony.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post

Looks like the T-Mo version is going to support Band 12, but NOT Band 17 (AT&T's "special" 700 MHz band.) So until AT&T implements that whatever-it-is tech that I can't think of right now, that'll allow their 700 MHz setup to advertise itself as both Band 12 and Band 17, the T-Mobile device isn't going to work on a large portion of AT&T's LTE network.
    Thanked by:

Will the z3 support volte? I'm disappointed that once again Sony is not bothering with wireless charging. Xperia phones would benefit greatly from it. I'm probably going to pass on this.

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

I wish they had the Z3 in Purple, but I'll probably end up with Black. As long as there is wifi calling on it I'll be good.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

No wireless charging? Well...that puts it out of the running, I'm afraid. I have a Nexus 5 and am addicted to just plopping the thing on the little pad on the head of my bed...it's the little things that help make the decisions between great phones.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Looks like the T-Mo version is going to support Band 12, but NOT Band 17 (AT&T's "special" 700 MHz band.) So until AT&T implements that whatever-it-is tech that I can't think of right now, that'll allow their 700 MHz setup to advertise itself as both Band 12 and Band 17, the T-Mobile device isn't going to work on a large portion of AT&T's LTE network.
    I've been searching the web like crazy to figure out if it the T-Mo version was going to support the new 700mhz band 12 they got from Verizon but I couldnt find anything. Where are you finding this info?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    I've been searching the web like crazy to figure out if it the T-Mo version was going to support the new 700mhz band 12 they got from Verizon but I couldnt find anything. Where are you finding this info?
    The FCC documents.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock / Stock

The FCC documents.

Wow! Are you batman? I never thought of that! I'm gonna have to search for them so I can see if it also will have WiFi calling.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    Wow! Are you batman? I never thought of that! I'm gonna have to search for them so I can see if it also will have WiFi calling.

Thank you!
    That wouldnt be on the FCC documents. But I expect it will have it.

Thanked by:

That wouldnt be on the FCC documents. But I expect it will have it.

The radio band info is also on the Sony Mobile web site and it also confirms 700, band 12 for Tmo. As for WiFi, I haven't researched it but my Z1s does support Wi-Fi calling, I can't imagine the Z3 not supporting Wi-Fi calling. Seems to be a part of Tmo's value proposition these days and it is a differentiator.

Here is a link to the Sony White Paper on the Z3: Xperia Z3 (D6603, D6633, D6643, D6653, and D6616) white paper – Developer World

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

May have found my G2 replacement with this one as long as T-Mobile does 32gb. I just can't do 16gb any longer especially with a 20mp camera.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2
    Last edited by Mobius360; 09-07-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    May have found my G2 replacement with this one as long as T-Mobile does 32gb. I just can't do 16gb any longer especially with a 20mp camera.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2
    Likewise, seen on another website that the Z3 would be available in 16/32gb versions, hope so, I also will never buy a phone with anything less than 32gb of int storage with or without sd-card.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by fightcrazy View Post
    Likewise, seen on another website that the Z3 would be available in 16/32gb versions, hope so, I also will never buy a phone with anything less than 32gb of int storage with or without sd-card.
    Yeah my G Pad is 16gb and I'm always fighting for space. Granted I have a few more games installed on the tablet than I would on a phone. I also don't use the tablet for pics and video.

I don't even understand why 16gb is an option on a flagship phone now days.

I really want the Z3 and I'm glad it's coming to T-Mobile, but I don't think I want to settle for the black version. I would either want the white or the silver-green model. I looked at the FCC documents like some others here and the only difference between the black-only model coming to T-Mobile and the international device with all colors available is BAND 12 LTE (that 700mhz spectrum).

Say I decide to get the international silver-green model, what can I expect running that here in the States on T-Mobile? Wi-Fi calling I can just install a T-Mo ROM for so that shouldn't end up being a problem. I currently have a T-Mo branded Galaxy S4 which doesn't support that spectrum either I believe, so I don't think I'll miss anything.

As much as I would like the copper version, I'll go with the black Tmo version if I upgrade my Z1s to the Z3, it is the only one with 32gb of storage. Still want to see what Google announces about the Nexus next month.

I bought the international version of the Xperia Z1 compact for my wife (who LOVES IT btw). You won't have an issue with the majority of bands (save Band 12) because the majority are part of the Qualcomm processor. You will need to call into Tmo support to get them to provide you the APN addresses and such. There is one other bug we ran into dealing with not being able to send MMS messages while LTE is turned on. I honestly think thats a bug in the phone software. For my wife who used the iPhone 5 (hated it), LG G2 hated it because it was too big the awesome camera and size made a huge difference for her with the compact.

As far as the WiFi calling I haven't figured out how to add that.

Has anyone seen any indication of whether this is going to be a T-Mobile exclusive? Sony has a long relationship with Softbank, which now owns Sprint, so I'm wondering if it might show up there, too.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Has anyone seen any indication of whether this is going to be a T-Mobile exclusive? Sony has a long relationship with Softbank, which now owns Sprint, so I'm wondering if it might show up there, too.
    The only US carrier to officially announce that they will be carrying the Z3 is TMo. There have been rumors that both Sprint and Verizon may be offering the Z3 or variant of it (Verizon's rumor specified the Z3v}.

Are any of these rumors legit......your guess is as good as mine. Time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Z3 released on other US carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycutshaw View Post
    I bought the international version of the Xperia Z1 compact for my wife (who LOVES IT btw). You won't have an issue with the majority of bands (save Band 12) because the majority are part of the Qualcomm processor. You will need to call into Tmo support to get them to provide you the APN addresses and such. There is one other bug we ran into dealing with not being able to send MMS messages while LTE is turned on. I honestly think thats a bug in the phone software. For my wife who used the iPhone 5 (hated it), LG G2 hated it because it was too big the awesome camera and size made a huge difference for her with the compact.

As far as the WiFi calling I haven't figured out how to add that.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully that's just a software bug you've got and I wouldn't run into that, it doesn't seem like LTE would cause any issues with MMS.

Considering the international Z3 and the T-Mobile model are identical except for the radios, I would assume a T-Mobile ROM could be installed on the international version. I think that's how it works on the GS4 anyway, and should work with any device with an exact T-Mobile counterpart.

Can anyone with more know-how on this chime in? I'm not sure if the differing radio frequencies would cause problems doing what I describe above, nor the need install certain kernels/radios/modems from either model.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Its going to be in the 600 range $0 down and around $25-28 monthly will be out October 31st

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast