Z3 versus G3

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, too many "3s" for one thing, but the Z3 will have Band 12 and a sweet camera, not to mention being waterproof...but I love LG's UI. So I need to do some serious thinking here. Love the timing...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Had the z2 an G3. Did not have either long enough to make a definite decision. Returned the G3 to get the Z2 then sold the Z2 when I got a great offer.

I think the Z2 was smoother, waterproof and had better battery life but was more fragile with glass panel back as least I was nervous about scratches.

Waiting to see the price of the z3 compact.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Last edited:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think the Z3 compact would be big enough to read comfortably on, I tend to do a lot of Kindle and Tapatalk on my phone.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been waiting for a Sony phone for a while on Verizon. Now the latest rumor is Verizon is getting the Z3. If not I will jump to t Mobile and get it. I love my G3 but I have been wanting to try the Z line for a while and I have to give it a go.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think the Z3 compact would be big enough to read comfortably on, I tend to do a lot of Kindle and Tapatalk on my phone.
I don't know about Kindle, but I use Tapatalk on my Moto X all the time, and find it quite comfortable to read on the 4.7" screen. I'm interested in the compact as a possible upgrade from the Moto. Not interested in a larger phone right now.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about Kindle, but I use Tapatalk on my Moto X all the time, and find it quite comfortable to read on the 4.7" screen. I'm interested in the compact as a possible upgrade from the Moto. Not interested in a larger phone right now.

It was not comfortable for me on my old HTC One X...pretty much the same spec, 4.7" screen, 720p. Which means a 4.6" 720p screen probably isn't going to do it either.

On the other hand my 5.2 inch 1080p LG G2 was fine to read on, though not as good as the G3 I currently have. Which means I figure the non-compact Xperia Z3 should also be acceptable.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
So Verizon announces the Z3V along with Sony and man did they screw that device up. I was excited to get it on Verizon but now I have to pass. I was going to switch to T-Mobile but the service would cost me more moving a line from my current family plan to a single line on T-Mobile so I have to stay put. Sucks however. Why does Verizon have to plaster their logos all over the devices. Makes no sense to me then to switch the sides to plastic makes me sad. Sony had a chance here but the like other companies let Verizon do whatever they want to their phones.

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
So Verizon announces the Z3V along with Sony and man did they screw that device up. I was excited to get it on Verizon but now I have to pass. I was going to switch to T-Mobile but the service would cost me more moving a line from my current family plan to a single line on T-Mobile so I have to stay put. Sucks however. Why does Verizon have to plaster their logos all over the devices. Makes no sense to me then to switch the sides to plastic makes me sad. Sony had a chance here but the like other companies let Verizon do whatever they want to their phones.
How much do you pay on verizon..? tmobile is usually cheaper

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
By taking my line off of Verizon it currently cost just my line around 60 around 75 on edge. To get a single line it would run around 121 that includes the phone on jump. Currently I can get a phone on edge and Verizon since I'm on a shared plan Verizon give me 25 a month per phone on edge. So if the payment is 30 a month Verizon give me a 25 dollar credit so I only pay 5. Given the discounts it cost more. You get cheaper the more phones you add. If I were to add all lines to tmobile it would be cheaper. But for Just one Its more.

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
By taking my line off of Verizon it currently cost just my line around 60 around 75 on edge. To get a single line it would run around 121 that includes the phone on jump. Currently I can get a phone on edge and Verizon since I'm on a shared plan Verizon give me 25 a month per phone on edge. So if the payment is 30 a month Verizon give me a 25 dollar credit so I only pay 5. Given the discounts it cost more. You get cheaper the more phones you add. If I were to add all lines to tmobile it would be cheaper. But for Just one Its more.

i WAS with T-mobile, used the Z3. Then switched to AT&T a week ago. Still getting LTE, but the coverage is MUCH better than T-mobiles here in Michigan. and I am always getting more than 2 bars of LTE. I am paying $40/month for my line, but that's because I got added to a family plan.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the G3 but I'm switching to the Z3v when it comes out in a couple weeks. The main reason being that the Z3v is both waterproof and dustproof. I'm an archaeologist whose job is outdoors and the Z3v will be perfect. I won't have to worry about taking my phone out to call the office when it's raining or snowing outside.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the G3 but I'm switching to the Z3v when it comes out in a couple weeks. The main reason being that the Z3v is both waterproof and dustproof. I'm an archaeologist whose job is outdoors and the Z3v will be perfect. I won't have to worry about taking my phone out to call the office when it's raining or snowing outside.

Ah well congrats.I always wanted to be an archeologist digging up dinosaurs,tombs and **** but am guessing the real thing isnt near as much as they show in movies right ? Am aslo keen on getting Z3C as i heard only Sony phones can pair with Sony TVs for screen mirroring.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Ah well congrats.I always wanted to be an archeologist digging up dinosaurs,tombs and **** but am guessing the real thing isnt near as much as they show in movies right ? Am aslo keen on getting Z3C as i heard only Sony phones can pair with Sony TVs for screen mirroring.

Well, archaeologists don't dig up dinosaurs. Those are paleontologists. Archaeologists look for evidence of past human occupations. And no, real archaeology, which is CRM archaeology, isn't nearly as awesome as how Indiana Jones portrays archaeology.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith