Z3 coming to Verizon as the Z3v???

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It would make sense, Sony's making a splash at a time when the only other major releases aren't really direct competitors, the next Galaxy Note phablet and the next iPhone. Frankly, rumors are that Sprint will pick it up too, which will almost force AT&T to get it. And that helps Sony.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree. I hope it happens. I'm tired of the same manufacturers. At the same time, I'm not sure of Sony's reputation when it comes to OS updates.

Posted via Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Sony Z3v......I'd say the "v" is for vague, same as the rumor about the phone coming to Sprint that we don't have any formal confirmation on.

That said, I believe Sony does want wider coverage in the US so releasing on other carriers wouldn't surprise me. I suspect Tmo has been rewarded for being a Sony pioneer with a limited time exclusive release that won't last too long. The challenge with Sony phones is their 6 month release window. If it takes three months before other US carriers start selling the Z3, the Z4 will be on the horizon.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Sony Z3v......I'd say the "v" is for vague, same as the rumor about the phone coming to Sprint that we don't have any formal confirmation on.

That said, I believe Sony does want wider coverage in the US so releasing on other carriers wouldn't surprise me. I suspect Tmo has been rewarded for being a Sony pioneer with a limited time exclusive release that won't last too long. The challenge with Sony phones is their 6 month release window. If it takes three months before other US carriers start selling the Z3, the Z4 will be on the horizon.

This is unfortunately true. I just hope that other carriers in the US see this phone in a recent amount of time.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

The Z3 doesn't seem to be a major upgrade from the Z2. Just minor. I wouldn't be mad if I bought the Z2 recently. For me if I were to stick with Sony phones I would probably upgrade once a year or every other phone. So even if I did take awhile to get to carriers I would still have time to use it before the "major" release happens.

Posted via Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Unless the "Z3v" thing is to get around the exclusive on the "Z3." Been done before.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this a short while ago. I sure hope it is true. I've always admired Sony hardward and would love the chance to compare it against other flagship phones when I'm ready for new phone in a few months.

If it is true, one nagging concern - what is Sony track record on updating phones. If this thing launches on Verizon with 4.4.4, how long before it sees Android L?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Just saw this a short while ago. I sure hope it is true. I've always admired Sony hardward and would love the chance to compare it against other flagship phones when I'm ready for new phone in a few months.

If it is true, one nagging concern - what is Sony track record on updating phones. If this thing launches on Verizon with 4.4.4, how long before it sees Android L?

Can't say when we'll see L on the Z3. IME, Sony has actually been pretty good with updates, the carrier (in this case Tmo) was not. Sony had three certified builds of KitKit for the Z1s before one was finally approved by Tmo. On the other hand, maybe it was a good thing, I suspect Tmo rejected the other builds for a reason.

I've had Verizon devices in the past and there are still two Verizon devices in my household (son and wife). Verizon's record with updates isn't too good either. My other son runs on At&t, They seem a little better but still not good.

IMO, the carriers are a bigger barrier to quick updates in the US versus the manufacturer. If you want faster updates I would suggest an unlocked international version of the Z3 or go with a Nexus or GE class phone.

Don't forget Motorola.

I agree, on the short list.....waiting to hear / see what gets announced on Friday. Also eager to see what finally gets confirmed by Google with the Nexus 6, but, that will be another 4 - 6 weeks I think.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
With the lack of info, I am slowly losing interest in the Z3 as the new Moto X and Edge are coming soon and more rumors of the new Droid and Nexus phones are just around the corner.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes. For me tmobie had the same coverage as Verizon. I don't travel much so switching for me is not a issue. All the major carriers have good coverage where I live. I'm not sacrificing nothing.

Vic Rivera

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Sir, that would be great! Every time I ask these " sales associate " when or what device are coming, they give me the same thing, they don't know.

Phone junkie