Looks like Oct. 9 for US Z3 Release.....

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is when the event is, I highly doubt the phone will be released in October of they stick to there same old release schedule of a month or two after international release

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If it was just a tmob event I think tmob would either be putting on the event or at least be mentioned. My bet is this is release details on unlocked phones but they will talk about tmob and surprise us with at least a Verizon z3 announcement. They need to get the phones actually released by end of Oct. Can't afford to wait to long.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
If it was just a tmob event I think tmob would either be putting on the event or at least be mentioned. My bet is this is release details on unlocked phones but they will talk about tmob and surprise us with at least a Verizon z3 announcement. They need to get the phones actually released by end of Oct. Can't afford to wait to long.

You can buy unlocked now. So what the point in announcing unlocked phones

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
They would be official unlocked phones sold on the Sony US site. Most folks don't know how to get an unlocked phone from an overseas retailer or don't feel comfortable doing that. But who knows, we will just have to wait until Oct. 9 to find out.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
You can buy unlocked now. So what the point in announcing unlocked phones

As already noted, the Z3 line is not available on the Sony Store US web site AND the international flavors of the Z3 only come with 16gb of internal storage, the TMo version will come equipped with 32gb of storage and wifi calling capability (just like my Z1s).

I suspect Sony will announce the entire Z3 lineup for the US including the Z3 Compact and the Z3 Tablet Compact.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Sony made noise around the ability to link the Z3 to the PS4 given the PS4 has been such a huge success in the US.

I'm hoping Sony offers some preorder specials/bundles like they do in Europe and Asia. Waiting with eager anticipation!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
As already noted, the Z3 line is not available on the Sony Store US web site AND the international flavors of the Z3 only come with 16gb of internal storage, the TMo version will come equipped with 32gb of storage and wifi calling capability (just like my Z1s).

I suspect Sony will announce the entire Z3 lineup for the US including the Z3 Compact and the Z3 Tablet Compact.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Sony made noise around the ability to link the Z3 to the PS4 given the PS4 has been such a huge success in the US.

I'm hoping Sony offers some preorder specials/bundles like they do in Europe and Asia. Waiting with eager anticipation!
Gotcha. I'll be curious as to the price of a US version unlocked vs the international. I just paid a hair over $500 for a bundle that includes a folding case for the z3 compact.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. I'll be curious as to the price of a US version unlocked vs the international. I just paid a hair over $500 for a bundle that includes a folding case for the z3 compact.

I'm guessing it will be $599 in the US....if it was $499 that would be pretty awesome though. Either way I think you got a great price on it.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
TKtechnews.com is reporting that Verizon will release the Z3 in early october and it will include wireless charging and VoLTE. Interesting.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
TKtechnews.com is reporting that Verizon will release the Z3 in early october and it will include wireless charging and VoLTE. Interesting.

While I left VZW for Tmo, I'm happy to see the the Z3 might be coming to other carriers in the US, it's the only way Sony will have success in the US, even with TMo's success in the last 18 months. The VZW Z3v has been rumored for awhile. There was also a rumor circulating that Sprint might offer the Z3 too.

I'll stay with TMo though, I've been very happy with them. Also, I travel internationally quite a bit and TMo's included international plan is awesome, no other US carrier even comes close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781