wifi calling

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Is that only going to be available on the T-Mobile and Verizon versions - not the unlocked one?

I'm on AT&T but I want wifi calling (can't switch family refuses). I assume Z2 doesn't have wifi calling? I actually like the z2 better but I assume it doesn't have wifi calling.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
IIRC, the Z series phones that support wifi calling out of the box are the TMo phones only (Z and Z1s, TMo never offered the Z2). I believe this true for all phones. Verizon has announced they will support wifi calls in the future but I don't think that service is available yet.

You do have other options for voice over wifi thought. For example Google Voice which I believe is now integrated into Hangouts. Though I haven't used Google Voice, I use Hangouts to video chat with my family all the time while I'm in Europe. Works great as long as the place you're at has a decent wifi network.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, hangouts will alert you when someone has placed a call to you....a very pleasant chime sound on my phone and different from my phone ringer so I know it is a Hangouts call, which is always a family member. Sort of like my own personal Bat phone! :cool:

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
WiFi calling won't work unless you get a custom rim with it pulled from an older Sony phone. My Z2 didn't have it out of the box like a t-mobile branded phone would