Got my Xperia Z3!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Finally! I'm on AT&T, and if u have any questions I'll be willing to answer them

uploadfromtaptalk1411997543295.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1411997543295.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411997559304.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411997559304.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 244

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Would be interested in your thoughts on it compared to your current phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Im coming from the Galaxy S5, so here are my thoughts so far about the Xperia Z3

PROS
- Longer Battery
- Much better in daylight
- MUCH louder speakers
- Camera really does take better low light photos
- Way more camera features

CONS
- No IR Blaster (to control TV)
- I like the UI of the notification bar and settings better on the S5
- S5 had some features I liked thats not on here, such as when u call and u go to the home menu, a pop up of the call is still on the screen

Basically, the only cons are UI things, but maybe its because this is my first Sony phone and I am not too used to the UI, but other than that, I think I will like this phone!

rews

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Dude I remember when you were SO hardcore pro-samsung. It gladdens me to see that you chose the absolutely most awesome android manufacturer this year for your new phone! Big congrats! :)

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have an S5 now too and am strongly considering getting the Z3. Would appreciate you posting other thoughts compared to your S5 as you get to using the phone more. Thanks!!

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for being a pioneer! I'm interested in how you think the Walkman app with DSSE engaged sounds through headphones. Any insight you can provide will be appreciated!

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you import it? Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? I'm hearing $490 from clove for the compact and I keep going back and forth about which I'd rather have. Thanks!!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for being a pioneer! I'm interested in how you think the Walkman app with DSSE engaged sounds through headphones. Any insight you can provide will be appreciated!
It's actually pretty loud on headphones and pretty clear too! Noticeable from my S5

They have options to choose what headphones u use and I guess it will adjust based on that

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412008298218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412008298218.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 177

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you import it? Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? I'm hearing $490 from clove for the compact and I keep going back and forth about which I'd rather have. Thanks!!

Mine is unlocked, it cost me $670 I have the Z3 5.2 inch not the compact
Ill be selling my S5 to make up for most of it

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have an S5 now too and am strongly considering getting the Z3. Would appreciate you posting other thoughts compared to your S5 as you get to using the phone more. Thanks!!

This phone actually seems faster than my S5! Maybe because its new, so Ill keep u updated on that, but no lag whatsoever

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is unlocked, it cost me $670 I have the Z3 5.2 inch not the compact
Ill be selling my S5 to make up for most of it

Thanks. I meant I keep going back and forth between the compact and full size so just wondering the price difference. Anyway, exactly the info I was looking for!!!

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It's actually pretty loud on headphones and pretty clear too! Noticeable from my S5

They have options to choose what headphones u use and I guess it will adjust based on that

Thank you! I read that Sony was going to include predefined equalization settings for some of their headphones...I'll be interested in your perception on how they effect sound quality.

It's encouraging that you think this sounds better than your Samsung, the Sammy phones I have listened to generally sounded OK. On the other hand, since my Z1s got the 4.4 update, I've thought my Z1s has sounded better.....actually quite good.

Any chance of a screen shot of the sounds setting menu?

I hope you are getting a chance to enjoy your phone between these questions. BTW, are you getting LTE? Couldn't tell from the screen shot you posted since you are on your wifi.

Cheers!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I read that Sony was going to include predefined equalization settings for some of their headphones...I'll be interested in your perception on how they effect sound quality.

It's encouraging that you think this sounds better than your Samsung, the Sammy phones I have listened to generally sounded OK. On the other hand, since my Z1s got the 4.4 update, I've thought my Z1s has sounded better.....actually quite good.

Any chance of a screen shot of the sounds setting menu?

I hope you are getting a chance to enjoy your phone between these questions. BTW, are you getting LTE? Couldn't tell from the screen shot you posted since you are on your wifi.

Cheers!
Sure! And I get the "H+", it doesn't say LTE but I was told this is just as fast

Yeah the sound is much more crisp, u can hear more distinct sounds couldn't hear on my S5

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412010561734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412010561734.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1412010578328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412010578328.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 137

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Sure! And I get the "H+", it doesn't say LTE but I was told this is just as fast

Yeah the sound is much more crisp, u can hear more distinct sounds couldn't hear on my S5

OOooooo.....Hi-Res audio via USB! That's new from Sony and a welcome enhancement indeed!

I thought I read somewhere that the new Experia's don't display the "LTE" symbol anymore, started with the Z2. You may have to run Speedtest to get your speeds.....you may be getting LTE.

You Rock! :cool:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
OOooooo.....Hi-Res audio via USB! That's new from Sony and a welcome enhancement indeed!

I thought I read somewhere that the new Experia's don't display the "LTE" symbol anymore, started with the Z2. You may have to run Speedtest to get your speeds.....you may be getting LTE.

You Rock! :cool:

Ah got ya, and no problem man! Always glad to help :)

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from eBay

Oh awesome.

And you said you weren't able to get LTE just H+? I wonder why that is, the bands are identical to AT&T's LTE bands. I'd definitely want LTE but I don't want to sign up for another contract.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh awesome.

And you said you weren't able to get LTE just H+? I wonder why that is, the bands are identical to AT&T's LTE bands. I'd definitely want LTE but I don't want to sign up for another contract.

Well I know the dual-sim version of the Xperia Z3 will support AT&T LTE, that one you can also get it from eBay
I was told H+ and LTE is about the same so I am not worrying too much