Blocking Mode, Please tell me that I'm just missing it..

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
For the life of me I can't find any kind of Blocking Mode on my D6633, traveling constantly and planning to buy the Magnetic Docking station this is a must for me, so I just simply assumed that this is a feature that all OEM already have, but I simply can't find anything on this phone.

Searching on Google for it, I could find that the Z2 had it, so I can't imagine why the Z3 seems to not have it, please tell me that I just missed it and it's at some hidden menu or something....:-\

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
For the life of me I can't find any kind of Blocking Mode on my D6633, traveling constantly and planning to buy the Magnetic Docking station this is a must for me, so I just simply assumed that this is a feature that all OEM already have, but I simply can't find anything on this phone.

Searching on Google for it, I could find that the Z2 had it, so I can't imagine why the Z3 seems to not have it, please tell me that I just missed it and it's at some hidden menu or something....:-\

Hmmm, what specific blocking mode are you looking for? Blocking calls, messages?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, what specific blocking mode are you looking for? Blocking calls, messages?

Coming from galaxy phones for years now, I'm used to Samsung's Blocking Mode where you can select what to block, Incoming Calls, turn off Notifications and Alarms and Timers. The best of it is that I can allow just specific contacts to call me while blocking the rest, very convenient feature for me when I travel, as I don't want any notifications, lights or calls disturbing while I sleep but I allow my wife and kids to call me so they wake me up when they go to school and work. It can also be enabled at specific times or via the Quick Settings that for me it's better.

I know that what I described may be just a Samsung thing, but I'm very surprised that I haven't found ANY blocking feature at all on the Z3 and worst yet, after verifying that the Z2 had a similar feature.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well there is a night mode which does something similar, you can access it from the Smart Connect app which came with the phone

450af590f3c4730d918bb9ca9f1544b2.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I can see why you suggested this app, it does part of the job but not quite good, I mean first thing is that the only you can do is to add an action where it mutes the sound but then it mutes the ringtones also so I won't be able to hear the calls, plus no disabled led light.

So even when it seems to help something it doesn't quite does the basic blocking mode I've using for year, I'll need to begin looking for some 3rd party apps because I think I'm out of luck with a Sony Solution.

Anyway, thanks a lot, I missed it because I disabled most of the Sony Apps as soon as I got it.

Well there is a night mode which does something similar, you can access it from the Smart Connect app which came with the phone

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/07/450af590f3c4730d918bb9ca9f1544b2.jpg

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
So even when it seems to help something it doesn't quite does the basic blocking mode I've using for year, I'll need to begin looking for some 3rd party apps because I think I'm out of luck with a Sony Solution.

Did you find a third-party app that works for you? I just bought this phone yesterday and was shocked to find this basic functionality was missing. My BlackBerry Z10 could do it in one swipe. My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 could do it, but required a couple of steps at bed time. Same with my iPhone 5s. This seems like such a basic function in a modern phone, I'm now wondering what other surprises await me. Oh well, I've got two weeks to return it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you find a third-party app that works for you? I just bought this phone yesterday and was shocked to find this basic functionality was missing. My BlackBerry Z10 could do it in one swipe. My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 could do it, but required a couple of steps at bed time. Same with my iPhone 5s. This seems like such a basic function in a modern phone, I'm now wondering what other surprises await me. Oh well, I've got two weeks to return it.

Not like the one I was used to, but right now a combination of the SmartConnect app that comes with the Xperia and Do Not Disturb. Smart Connect can do tons of things and it's good, but it's missing where you can block and allow calls based on Contacts, that's what Do Not Disturb app helps, but for now, I'm just using SmartConnect and when I travel then I activate Do Not Disturb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta