Android L coming to the Xperia Z series in early 2015 (Confirmed)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Cant wait!!!

Sony to bring Lollipop to 'entire Xperia Z series' | Android Central

We’re bringing Android 5.0; Lollipop to the entire Xperia Z Series | Sony Smartphones

From their blog:

"Since the initial reveal of the Android “L” Developer Preview, we’ve seen lots of questions on our upgrade roadmap about our plans – so, here goes…

We’ll be making Sony Mobile’s Android “L” upgrade available for the entire premium Z series*: including Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1S, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3v, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition devices will be first up – we’ll be back with more details on that soon.

We’ll start the upgrade at beginning of 2015 for the core Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 series – continuing thereafter for all remaining devices above."

hanime

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Exciting, but I wish these Xperia Z series have stock android instead of Sony's version, although there are cons and pros for both.

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Exciting, but I wish these Xperia Z series have stock android instead of Sony's version, although there are cons and pros for both.

Yeah. I'm coming from nexus 4. I use the Google Now Launcher, which makes it kinda similar to stock, but still missing stuff.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually like Sony's overlay. It's not too heavy and there's some nice touches like the launcher switching. I've got the Google now launcher on it and with that it's just a great experience.
At least it ain't touchwiz 😉