Xperia Z3/iTunes Help

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of taking the plunge and leaving Apple and getting an Xperia Z3. Was a close call between that HTC One M8 and LG G3 but PS4 remote play and good reviews of Sony Walkman swung it for me.

Anyway, I have a lot of music on my iPhone and from what I read it shouldn't be too hard to switch it over. I was wondering if music and movies purchased from iTunes will work on Android? And also if it's easyish to transfer/recreate playlists from iTunes to Sony's music program?

And lastly, am I doing the right thing going from iPhone 5s to Xperia Z3?!

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The switch from ios to android may not be completely smooth (it will probably take a while to adjust ) but the Z3 is an excellent device. Yes your iTunes music should work- I was able to just drag and drop music files from iTunes onto the phone.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Install Google's music app on your computer and will transfer all of your music right to it. Videos are a little trickier due to DRM. You have to use a DRM removal tool (search Google for took and directions - it's not hard). Then you can simply transfer the movies to your devices.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Another option is to download the Sony bridge. I downloaded last night to a Macbook and it looks like it also grabs your music. Didn't play around with it much but can check more tonight.

Sent from my Xperia Z3