Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet

FormerTexan

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Need a smaller tablet than the 10.5 Tab S, it's just to big to hold long periods of time to read books with. Tried two 8.4 Tab S and both had screen problems (un-even color, and I'm not that picky but it was REALLY noticeable when reading books).... So the Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet would seem to tick all the boxes; light weight, removable storage, small and portable, etc... one big problem... SONY won't sell me one! Where is this tablet? When will it be coming to the USA? I could look at the Nexus 9, but I think my Samsung 10.5 Tab S has it beat... Anyone have an ETA on the Z3 Tablet?

Nisse Tuta

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tablet

Need a smaller tablet than the 10.5 Tab S, it's just to big to hold long periods of time to read books with. Tried two 8.4 Tab S and both had screen problems (un-even color, and I'm not that picky but it was REALLY noticeable when reading books).... So the Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet would seem to tick all the boxes; light weight, removable storage, small and portable, etc... one big problem... SONY won't sell me one! Where is this tablet? When will it be coming to the USA? I could look at the Nexus 9, but I think my Samsung 10.5 Tab S has it beat... Anyone have an ETA on the Z3 Tablet?

The release here in sweden is october 24.
I was planing on getting one since Im very happy withe the Z3 but ended up getting the Tab S 8.4.
I agree, its colors aren't great, typical of AMOLED screens.

But I still got it because I use my Tablet for Youtube and it lets me watch in 1440p and I can use half the screen for youtube and the other for surfing or what ever.
If it wasn't for those two things I would have goten the Z3 Compact any day of the week, seems like a great device.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site

It's been added to the US Sony Store. It is set to be released first part of Nov.

Posted via the Android Central App

FormerTexan

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

It's been added to the US Sony Store. It is set to be released first part of Nov.

Posted via the Android Central App

Had to dig and search for it, they don't have it on the link when you click on tablets (still showing the Z2). Marketing isn't Sony's strong-suit;

Accepting Pre-Orders Now. Estimated Ship Date 11-02-2014
$ 499.99

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

You could also look at the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet, similar size, stereo speakers. Not waterproof though, and different accessories. Nice device though, overall. I was contemplating the Z3 Tablet, but ended up going with the SHIELD Tablet instead. I'd like my phone to be water resistant but it's less important for my tablet.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I was really wanting to get this tablet but that $499 price tag is too steep. The competition for this tablet is the iPad mini and Nexus 9 both of which are cheaper. It looks like I'll have to wait a little longer for that price to drop before I can upgrade my tablet.