Sony Xperia Z3 Magnetic charging docks?

hanime

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Can someone recommend (from experiences) any quality magnetic charging docks for the Z3? There is not enough product reviews out there yet for this for me to make a decision--I might just try some out if it comes to it:

- Strong magnet
- Fast charging power
- Build quality
- Etc.

Thanks in advance!

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Magnetic charging docks?

Do you want a dock or a cable? I bought a cheap cable off ebay which does the job fine.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site

i purchased the official dock Sony dock off of amazon and it works great. After some initial concerns (the phones was particular about snapping into place) the phone "clicks" very satisfyingly into place and charges quickly. My biggest problem with the dock is that it doesn't fit any of my cases. I've tried 3 and none of them allow the magnet to make contact and charge. Thus, I have to take my phone out of its case each night to charge. I'm thinking about getting a magnetic cable to see if that will work with a case.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

My cable works with a case. It's a very loose connection though; you couldn't move the phone and keep it connected. That's just the nature of the connection though, it's not that binding. But if you lay it flat, plug it in and leave it it's fine.

hanime

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Do you want a dock or a cable? I bought a cheap cable off ebay which does the job fine.

Which one did you buy?

I meant the docking station. I already bought a magnetic cable for the phone. Looks like the Sony dock has some mixed reviews, especially about the fitment--this is pretty ironic since it's OEM. That's why I am looking for other options, and plus the Sony one costs a lot more than aftermarket ones. I plan to use the phone without a case, so I don't think it will be an issue with fitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs