Verizon Z3v in white hands on

vzwdj

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon z3v in white hands on

Where did you see it? What were your impressions? How is the size? the feel etc.?

Thanks!

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Size is a little thicker than I anticipated. I held he z1 at t mobile last year and this felt more like plastic than glass (even though it's glass). Also it's bends if you put a little twist to it and I didn't see that coming either having the note 4 in my other hand feeling more solid. Black looks better in my opinion

I use the iPhone 6 plus and its smaller than that. The grip feels really nice because of the thicker sides. Easy to hold. Only other thing I am unimpressed with is the charging port cover. Feels really really flimsy. Better than the S5 though mine fell off in 8 days.

Overall so far it's really nice. But I have some reservations about it. Would still PROBABLY take the note 4 or the 6+

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

vzwdj

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, please do. Also if you have any thoughts on the camera vs. the samsungs....thanks

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

We got them at our store as well. This thing is way too thick and looks a lot cheaper than I expected from sony.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

After holding it and playing with the phone, I'll be looking at the N6 or Turbo.

The device is too thick and frankly unacceptable. It feels pretty cheap and the cover seems flimsy. Just overall disappointed with Sony, because I was super excited when I heard Verizon was going to carry it.

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

After holding it and playing with the phone, I'll be looking at the N6 or Turbo.

The device is too thick and frankly unacceptable. It feels pretty cheap and the cover seems flimsy. Just overall disappointed with Sony, because I was super excited when I heard Verizon was going to carry it.

Could not have said it better. The z1 was much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

accratourz

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Had it narrowed down to Z3v and Nexus 6. Seems 6 is pulling away quite easily. The few hands on I've seen/read are praising its' camera, which may or may not be up to par with Z3v but if it's even close, the other features make the 6 my clear choice.

Would have loved to see Sony make a real splash into the US/Verizon market. Don't think this is it.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

The reason it is thicker is because Version added QI wireless charging, bigger battery and it is waterproof. If those features aren't important to you then buy a different phone. These features could not have been added to the Z3. The call quality is excellent, the display is better than 80% of the current Verizon smartphones and the camera (even though an older version is one of the best on Verizon). You will have to be OK using this phone naked as there won't be many accessories made for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

This is really a z2 made for Verizon. Calling it a z3 is not right

Posted via Android Central App

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

This is really a z2 made for Verizon. Calling it a z3 is not right

Posted via Android Central App

It is,basically z3 internals with z2 body and qi charging. I am not sure If they used the z3 or z2 screen in it.

Posted via the Android Central App

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Got the Z3v last night. Pretty much have things set up now and although the phone is a little blocky and not quite as comfortable to hold as a curved back, this is really a great device. The glass back has me wishing for more case options but as far as performance... I really couldn't ask for more. LOL - and if I did I wouldn't be able to tell the difference this thing is so smooth and fast. It's early to tell yet on the battery, but right now I'm showing 65% with 3 hours screen time. I'm getting consistently better radio reception (averaging about 4 dbm better) than my Samsungs.

I really don't care if you call this a Z2 or a Z3... That's all marketing crap and most tech reviewers are just taking advantage of the unfortunate name they ended up calling it so they could have something to talk about and appear smart. LOL. At the end of the day if this were called something unique as a Verizon exclusive, it wouldn't get as much negative attention. I think the phone stands on its own merits quite nicely.

Will I keep it long? Not sure yet. I really do like it though - A LOT!

Last edited: