Can anyone help me with some Z3 Teething problems?

lew1986

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Z3 Teething problems

So the Z3 is properly awesome. But it's not without it's teething problems.

The first is that I can't sign into youtube via the app. Won't even let me enter an address. When I press it on the side tab is says something like can't sign in please visit m.youtube/create_channel (haven't got it with me as the case hasn't come yet). Try to go to the page, enter my virginmedia email (which i use for all the google stuff) but it says it's not recognised. When I visit m.youtube.com/create_channel on the PC and enter information, is says 'Forbidden. Access to VM SSO from non-VM services is denied'.

The second is the Bluetooth link to the DS4. It works impeccably. I can control all the menus and the snes emulator using the DS4. It paired by holding the Share and PS buttons for about 10 seconds until the DS4 light flashes white. However when I turn off the bluetooth on the phone (the DS4 powers off automatically), and press the PS button to turn on the PS4, it just flashes (slower) white like it's trying to detect the phone.

I messed around for about half an hour and tried to troubleshoot it with Sony chat, who had me restarting and safe modeing the PS4 with the DS4 connected by USB, resetting the DS4 by the button on the back, before saying that they'll need to take the console in to see what the problem is (!) and realising I was a UK user and he was in the US. Eventually I figured out that the USB cable supplied with the Z3 worked and got it to pair to the PS4 again. But as soon as I pair it with the Z3, same thing all over again. I can only guess that it's a software bug somewhere along the line.

But if anyone has any idea's about either, please throw them my way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Z3 Teething problems

Welcome to Android Central! Is your Google account otherwise linked to the phone? Go to Settings>Accounts--do you see Google there? Tap it--is the email address right?

In YouTube, swipe in from the left--what do you see at the top of that menu? Is your email address there, or is it blank?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Z3 Teething problems

Related to YouTube, I saw something similar when I bought my Galaxy TAB S in July, I think I disabled the APP and uninstalled all the updates and then went to the Play Store and downloaded the latest version from there and it worked. If you are going to try this, first be sure that everything is cleared (Cache and Data) before you disable it, just in case.

Last edited: