I've got the Verizon Xperia Z3v, you've got questions. Fire away!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
xperia-z3v.jpg

Hey, folks. So I've been using the Xperia Z3v for a week now. Perhaps you've already read my review. (If you haven't, start there. It'll answer a lot.) And now you've got questions. Fire 'em at me here, and I'll answer 'em!

Last edited:

Tom Craig

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Can you confirm that the camera in the z3v is the lens setup from the z2, rather than that of the z3? That's how it looks from the spec reports I've seen. Not that there's a HUGE difference, but it's there nonetheless.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How is the sound quality compared to the other Z3? I ask because the speakers are positioned differently

Not sure yet — need to pick up a T-Mobile one soon as I can. But I was pretty impressed. Not as good as M8, but better than most anything else I've used. Only annoyance was the way it reverberates through the back.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you confirm that the camera in the z3v is the lens setup from the z2, rather than that of the z3? That's how it looks from the spec reports I've seen. Not that there's a HUGE difference, but it's there nonetheless.

Dunno. But I was plenty impressed by the camera. Just have to wade through the settings and get a good feel for it.

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you test out the waterproofing at all? I'm very intrigued by the idea of having a waterproof phone that I don't have to worry about being stuck in the rain outside.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Did you test out the waterproofing at all? I'm very intrigued by the idea of having a waterproof phone that I don't have to worry about being stuck in the rain outside.

Yep. Not much to say. Make sure all the covers are closed and get it wet. That's not really that much of a novelty anymore — if you've seen one phone under water, you've seen them all — but it's a nice feature to have.

Tom Craig

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Dunno. But I was plenty impressed by the camera. Just have to wade through the settings and get a good feel for it.

Gotcha, thanks. My fiancee has the z2, and the camera is really outstanding once you get a feel for it, like you mentioned. Was just curious since the z3 has a little bit of improvement in low-light and a wider-angle lens (27 instead of 25mm? don't remember). Just trying to see what makes this a z3 instead of a z2 for VZ other than the 200mhz bump in cpu clock speed.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Better overall phone S5 or Z3V?

Posted via the Android Central App

GS5 is more enjoyable to hold and use, I think, but that might just be me being unfamiliar with the Xperia line. There's a lot to like in this phone. It's just that the design was so boring. :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs