Anyone buy the Sony Z3v off contract to keep their verizon unlimited data plan?

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a note 4 preordered from amazon but it looks like Samsung failed to ship the verizon note 4's to amazon. I just played with a z3v at my verizon store and now I am considering a z3v off contract. I really like the notification light on the z3v.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I am considering it. Have a droid maxx and am considering the z3v, nexus 6 and droid turbo as replacements.

Posted via Android Central App

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I walked into the Verizon store tonight and bought a Z3v off contract. Explained that I wanted to keep my unlimited plan. I had no issues at all. The key is to CHECK THE RECEIPT to make sure it still says unlimited before you leave. And of course you need to be nice about it and treat the rep kindly. :)

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought Z3v off contract. I told the sales rep that I wanted a Nexus 6 but a Nexus wouldn't be a Nexus if it doesn't get the OS updates like everybody else similar to what happened with Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

First Verizon store I went to wouldn't sell the Z3v off contract on its first two weeks which I thought was bogus. The reason was because it's "new"

I went to another Verizon store and voila! I got Z3v off contract!

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought Z3v off contract. I told the sales rep that I wanted a Nexus 6 but a Nexus wouldn't be a Nexus if it doesn't get the OS updates like everybody else similar to what happened with Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

First Verizon store I went to wouldn't sell the Z3v off contract on its first two weeks which I thought was bogus. The reason was because it's "new"

I went to another Verizon store and voila! I got Z3v off contract!

So after nearly a week with your new Z3v, what do you think?

abek.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Kept my unlimited bought the Z3v off contact and sold my note 3 with gold limited edition for $400. Miss the bigger screen, but love the Z

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Kept my unlimited bought the Z3v off contact and sold my note 3 with gold limited edition for $400. Miss the bigger screen, but love the Z

What is it about the Z3v that you were willing to go down in screen size that makes the phone an enjoyable experience?

abek.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
What is it about the Z3v that you were willing to go down in screen size that makes the phone an enjoyable experience?
I've had my note 3 since release nothing I wanted to change at all. Was just going for the newer phone. Screen size wasn't drastic and the specs are literally the same as the note 3, just the added bonus of a Sony based phone and an extra water proof advantage.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had my note 3 since release nothing I wanted to change at all. Was just going for the newer phone. Screen size wasn't drastic and the specs are literally the same as the note 3, just the added bonus of a Sony based phone and an extra water proof advantage.

I'm trying to decide between the Z3v, Turbo, iPhone 6 Plus and now the Nexus 6. I like big screens, but I also would like to try something different. Sony has always intrigued me.

abek.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the Z3v, Turbo, iPhone 6 Plus and now the Nexus 6. I like big screens, but I also would like to try something different. Sony has always intrigued me.
Exactly why I got it. What's the worst, you get a new phone if you dont like it.

abek.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
That's true.
The only difference between the note 3 and the z3v from what I can say is the camera is slightly by like 10% different, size, software, and that the Z3v is water proof. That is all. If I wasn't itching to try a Z when Verizon announced the possible Z2 and instead came out with only the tablet, I wouldnt have bothered a kept my note 3.

Vic Rivera

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
The only difference between the note 3 and the z3v from what I can say is the camera is slightly by like 10% different, size, software, and that the Z3v is water proof. That is all. If I wasn't itching to try a Z when Verizon announced the possible Z2 and instead came out with only the tablet, I wouldnt have bothered a kept my note 3.

I actually messed around with the Z3v today. I'm am liking the screen size and the hardware. I'm very big on phone usage and need a good battery, so why not Sony?

I'm very displeased with all of the bloatware, but the expandable storage over looks this.

Phone junkie

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Due to multiple lines on our family plan, I bought z3v subsidized and kept my unlimited. Actually made profit after selling old phone.

Roy Droid

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys just had a thought. For those of us who still want to keep our unlimited data plans, can't we just "upgrade" through the Verizon website and when the phone arrives, before turning it on, switch out the micro sim cards? Is that a thing?