Questions on the z3v

ancientdroid

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Picked one up yesterday for the better half and its quite the phone. I'm impressed. Build quality, call quality, overall aesthetics are very pleasing. Do yourself a favor and don't let the over analyzation and comparisons to the regular z3 let it deter you. If anyone has specific questions, let me know.

That being said, I do have two questions of my own:

1 - Is there a way to disable to red notification light that stays on when the phone is placed on a wireless charger? I've tried Light Flow and Light Manager but nothing seems to work. It is quite distracting.

2 - Anyone know how to get the free movies that should come with the phone? I checked the Xperia Lounge app but there is nothing there. Nor was there a code in the box of the phone to enter into any of the apps.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Picked one up yesterday for the better half and its quite the phone. I'm impressed. Build quality, call quality, overall aesthetics are very pleasing. Do yourself a favor and don't let the over analyzation and comparisons to the regular z3 let it deter you. If anyone has specific questions, let me know.

1 - Is there a way to disable to red notification light that stays on when the phone is placed on a wireless charger? I've tried Light Flow and Light Manager but nothing seems to work. It is quite distracting.

2 - Anyone know how to get the free movies that should come with the phone? I checked the Xperia Lounge app but there is nothing there. Nor was there a code in the box of the phone to enter into any of the apps.

How Is the call quality to you. Does it sound good and do others hear you clearly without issue? Also how is the vibration on the phone when you receive a phone call. Is it loud so you can easily hear it? The g3 is very hard to hear even when sitting next to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

ancientdroid

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
droid747 said:
How Is the call quality to you. Does it sound good and do others hear you clearly without issue? Also how is the vibration on the phone when you receive a phone call. Is it loud so you can easily hear it? The g3 is very hard to hear even when sitting next to it.

Call quality is good. I found some of the comments online stating otherwise to be quite odd. I tested it alongside a Droid Maxx and iPhone 5s. It sounds clear and crisp. Speakerphone is quite nice with the dual speakers. There is an enhancement option in the settings for it but I think it sounds better with it turned off.

Vibration has always been a sore point on phones for years. I could barely feel them even in my pocket. The z3v has a very evenly distributed vibration but I still could only faintly detect the vibration in my pants pocket (I don't wear tight jeans, but not too loose either). So I think it is adequate and comparable to other phones but not overly strong (concentrated may be a better word) and noticeable unless holding it in your hand. You should be able to hear it on a desk next to you but if there is lots of background noise it may drown it out. I would describe it as a low buzz/hum. The LED light notification makes up for it a bit from a visual perspective.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Call quality is good. I found some of the comments online stating otherwise to be quite odd. I tested it alongside a Droid Maxx and iPhone 5s. It sounds clear and crisp. Speakerphone is quite nice with the dual speakers. There is an enhancement option in the settings for it but I think it sounds better with it turned off.

Vibration has always been a sore point on phones for years. I could barely feel them even in my pocket. The z3v has a very evenly distributed vibration but I still could only faintly detect the vibration in my pants pocket (I don't wear tight jeans, but not too loose either). So I think it is adequate and comparable to other phones but not overly strong (concentrated may be a better word) and noticeable unless holding it in your hand. You should be able to hear it on a desk next to you but if there is lots of background noise it may drown it out. I would describe it as a low buzz/hum. The LED light notification makes up for it a bit from a visual perspective.

Ya I really liked the led notification light on it from seeing it at the local verizon store. It is much better then the regular z3 light. I have my note 4 preordered but amazon failed to get any inventory in to fulfill preorders so I might cancel for the z3v.

Posted via the Android Central App

therabbitssing

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

1. I don't think there is a way to shut off the charging notification with the LED. Should be optional, I agree.

2. Where did you see the promo for the free movies? Was it also for the Z3v specifically?

ancientdroid

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
1. I don't think there is a way to shut off the charging notification with the LED. Should be optional, I agree.

2. Where did you see the promo for the free movies? Was it also for the Z3v specifically?

1 - Yeah its really unfortunate regarding the LED light. It is quite distracting at night.

2 - On the Verizon page for the z3v it has some information. Since I can't post links, I've copied/pasted it below:

Stay entertained on the vivid display
View content in natural colors with the bright 5.2-inch Full HD TRILUMINOS™ display for mobile. Stay immersed in superior sound with distortion-reducing Hi-Res Audio and DSEE HX, which improves low-res audio. Get six pre-selected hit movies and 30 days of free music streaming through Sony Music Unlimited†.

† Promotional offers redeemed through the pre-loaded Sony Xperia Lounge App. Must be 18 or over. Credit Card required at sign-up. $9.99/mo thereafter unless subscription is cancelled. Data charges may apply.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Question, I am not sure if this has been asked. Does the Z3V allow for simultaneous voice and data?

It has been asked, but i can tell you currently it does not (unless your on WiFi) because of newer radios for the upcoming VoLTE. it should come in an update.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
1 - Yeah its really unfortunate regarding the LED light. It is quite distracting at night.

2 - On the Verizon page for the z3v it has some information. Since I can't post links, I've copied/pasted it below:

Stay entertained on the vivid display
View content in natural colors with the bright 5.2-inch Full HD TRILUMINOS™ display for mobile. Stay immersed in superior sound with distortion-reducing Hi-Res Audio and DSEE HX, which improves low-res audio. Get six pre-selected hit movies and 30 days of free music streaming through Sony Music Unlimited†.

† Promotional offers redeemed through the pre-loaded Sony Xperia Lounge App. Must be 18 or over. Credit Card required at sign-up. $9.99/mo thereafter unless subscription is cancelled. Data charges may apply.

click on the xperia lounge you should see a VIP offer (spiderman 2 screen), click on that offer, it give you a code...
cpoy code down...if you dont already have a sony entertaiment account create one...go there and click redeem pre-paid card....

youll see 6 movies...down at bottom claick redeem all....you now have 6 free movies:
Spiderman 2
Capitan Phillips
American Hustle
Ghostbusters
Moneyball
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2