Sony Xperia Z3 Have you tried Bluetooth Unlock?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Have you tried Bluetooth Unlock?

It's the most useful think if you have a smartwatch!

Does anyone else use it?

I tried to set it with my d6633 but it never recognized my Moto 360, then I read that it was just for Sony smartwarches so after selling the d6633 and getting the d6603 I haven't even tried it. But I'm confused, if I remember correctly you also have a Moto 360, so how are you using it?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I tried to set it with my d6633 but it never recognized my Moto 360, then I read that it was just for Sony smartwarches so after selling the d6633 and getting the d6603 I haven't even tried it. But I'm confused, if I remember correctly you also have a Moto 360, so how are you using it?
That's not true that it's only for Sony watches... I connected it with my Moto 360 and it works... I'm not sure why It didn't recognize yours... It works well and it's pretty useful not having to unlock ur phone when it's close but still have a code on it when it's not near u

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414329956941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414329956941.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 41

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Well, like I said it never recognized my Moto 360 before, but now I just tried it for the first time in my D6603 and there it was the Moto 360, just set it and it works.

So, in a summary just by having your Moto 360 at range it will unlock automatically, it seems fine so far, let see if I get used to it, thanks.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Well it works with my Bluetooth speaker, so I will assume it does work with headphones

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Well, like I said it never recognized my Moto 360 before, but now I just tried it for the first time in my D6603 and there it was the Moto 360, just set it and it works.

So, in a summary just by having your Moto 360 at range it will unlock automatically, it seems fine so far, let see if I get used to it, thanks.
Glad u got it working, you can also set the range too

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Well I saw that in your picture but that doesnt show up in mine, I turned bluetooth of and turn it on again and went to that menu again and nothing. I can see my Bluetooth devices there if I select or long press any of them just ask me to set it, but then after I select my alternate mode it simply finishes but no range settings appears. I've done it 3 times already.

Weird, first with my D6633 custom HK firmware, I couldn't find my Moto 360, now that I tried it and works on the D6603, it seems to not have all the options you see, I'm using Custom US firmware just in case.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Well I saw that in your picture but that doesnt show up in mine, I turned bluetooth of and turn it on again and went to that menu again and nothing. I can see my Bluetooth devices there if I select or long press any of them just ask me to set it, but then after I select my alternate mode it simply finishes but no range settings appears. I've done it 3 times already.

Weird, first with my D6633 custom HK firmware, I couldn't find my Moto 360, now that I tried it and works on the D6603, it seems to not have all the options you see, I'm using Custom US firmware just in case.

Really? Oh wow...it must be something with your flashed firmware. Maybe the firmware leaves out certain options
I have the D6633 using the original software that came with it

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

I just tried it with My moto360 and it worked like a champ. Took two tries for the distance to set... First time it wasn't working and saw it was still on Default Distance, but second time worked fine. Don't know how practical it is for me as its always either in my hand or in my pocket, but I'll try it for a few days at least.

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I just tried it with My moto360 and it worked like a champ. Took two tries for the distance to set... First time it wasn't working and saw it was still on Default Distance, but second time worked fine. Don't know how practical it is for me as its always either in my hand or in my pocket, but I'll try it for a few days at least.

Yeah, I am starting to get used to it after the first day, I find myself double tapping my screen and trying to unlock my phone but the phone quickly unlocks itself....I think it will be useful if you set the distance to close range so it unlocks when ur close to the phone, but locks when u walk away from it

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I've determined that it either causes my watch to disconnect at least once a day or it brings to my attentive the amount in which my watch disconnects. Either way it's a pain. Plus when I use my Bluetooth and the phone is in my pocket the screen turns on when the call ends. If my watch is in range (which it always is) the screen will be on and unlocked and I've sent many an odd text message that way. (This is also why I had to turn the tap to wake off... I'd be on the phone with my wife, start walking and inadvertently have my thigh double tap the screen, then tap the end call button). While it's neat to be able to have that security, I'll be turning it off and will revisit the idea when a have a true need for a pass code on my phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've determined that it either causes my watch to disconnect at least once a day or it brings to my attentive the amount in which my watch disconnects. Either way it's a pain. Plus when I use my Bluetooth and the phone is in my pocket the screen turns on when the call ends. If my watch is in range (which it always is) the screen will be on and unlocked and I've sent many an odd text message that way. (This is also why I had to turn the tap to wake off... I'd be on the phone with my wife, start walking and inadvertently have my thigh double tap the screen, then tap the end call button). While it's neat to be able to have that security, I'll be turning it off and will revisit the idea when a have a true need for a pass code on my phone.

Yeah I decided to go back to pattern lock... Only because I realize it's not that secure... If someone unlocks ur phone near you they will have access to it... I prefer pattern lock

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I decided to go back to pattern lock... Only because I realize it's not that secure... If someone unlocks ur phone near you they will have access to it... I prefer pattern lock

Don't give up just yet, after you told us about it I've been using and it's great, the trick is to adjust the distance to a very short one, it still unlock it at normal hands positions and as soon as your phone is at a distance where somebody can reach it and you won't notice it, it will ask for your alternate unlock.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't give up just yet, after you told us about it I've been using and it's great, the trick is to adjust the distance to a very short one, it still unlock it at normal hands positions and as soon as your phone is at a distance where somebody can reach it and you won't notice it, it will ask for your alternate unlock.

Yeah I know, its pretty awesome and worked perfectly with me each time, I'm not saying its a bad feature, but I just kind of prefer the pattern lock...I may give it one more shot

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I

To be fair if you're worried about people near you unlocking your phone, pattern lock is pretty useless too. They're so easy to learn, even by accidentally glancing across the bus.You only need to see someone unlocks their phone once and you'd know their pattern.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I

To be fair if you're worried about people near you unlocking your phone, pattern lock is pretty useless too. They're so easy to learn, even by accidentally glancing across the bus.You only need to see someone unlocks their phone once and you'd know their pattern.

Yeah thats true as well, but I like that its a bit more secure knowing I have a password on it, say I put my phone down next to me and one of my friends picks up my phone, i'd rather have a passcode on it then it automatically unlocking...I'll probably try bluetooth unlock again and play with the distance setting to see if I will get used to it

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah thats true as well, but I like that its a bit more secure knowing I have a password on it, say I put my phone down next to me and one of my friends picks up my phone, i'd rather have a passcode on it then it automatically unlocking...I'll probably try bluetooth unlock again and play with the distance setting to see if I will get used to it

Hey I agree. But I thought I'd quite a complicated pattern and a guy I was with in the pub could work it out from one look at how my arm was moving while only being able to see the back of the phone. If you've got any worries about snooping mates a pin number is the way to go.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey I agree. But I thought I'd quite a complicated pattern and a guy I was with in the pub could work it out from one look at how my arm was moving while only being able to see the back of the phone. If you've got any worries about snooping mates a pin number is the way to go.

Another thing about pattern lock, is that if u dont have a finger print resistant screen protector, a person could follow the trails your finger leaves on the screen, which is also how a lot of people figure out patterns...I may switch to pin lock now