Sony Xperia Z3 Magnector X cable (magnetic charger) my new purchase.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys today i received my magnetic charger from amazon i purchased a so called magnetic adapter from ebay a generic one but that did not work it was all flimsy and unsecured i could not make a phone call while it was charging, sometimes when you phone is out of juice and you jump into your car and you don't have your Bluetooth ear set and need to make a important phone call or you just simple like to charge your phone at home without frustration, needless to say the Z3 has a excellent battery life it last all day and and even longer.

So i got this charger cord with the magnetic adapter it is fits my phone perfect it has a very strong magnet you don't need to line it up it will just find its place when you put it close to the charging port and start to charge. i have a TPU case on my phone from amazon also and it has a cut out for the port and this charger fits fine .
i included some pictures i know it is just a cable but it is a very high quality one with very nice plastic and rubber cord whoever appreciate quality for your money will love this one , it came in a nice little pouch very nicely packed and made in Korea, i have a nexus 10 and i also use a pogo charger which is very similar to this one in quality,

As you can see on the picture i placed side by side the generic one and the magnector x cable,
the generic one has a different design it does not allows it to snap in place because its profile is different when i was using that one it was just hanging there and no secure connection.

Anyway i just wanted to share my experience with whoever looking for this cable i have nothing to do with the company im just a happy costumer.
hope its helps!

By the way the pictures was take with my Z3 of course, i love this camera it is a really good one for a phone , one thing to mention i like to use it in manual mode because i can adjust exposer and the good thing about it is even when you go back to your home screen and than you like to take a photo it wont change back to auto so if you prefer manual mode you dont have to switch back and fort every time you wana take a photo..

IMG_20141029_190342 (1).jpgIMG_20141029_191532.jpgIMG_20141029_191616.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    815.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20141029_191707.jpg
    IMG_20141029_191707.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 139

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
yes thats the one the corded one has more clearance from the case than just the adapter one you can compare it from a side view the corded one is more expensive .

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have this cable. Make sure it works with your case.

It doesn't work with Nillkin Super Frosted case because of the clearance. Luckily, I gave the cable to a family member since she has a different Nillkin case for her Z Ultra that the Magnetor works on this with no issue.

I decided to get the Deff MicroUSB to see if I have better luck since it does have more clearance.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have this cable. Make sure it works with your case.

It doesn't work with Nillkin Super Frosted case because of the clearance. Luckily, I gave the cable to a family member since she has a different Nillkin case for her Z Ultra that the Magnetor works on this with no issue.

I decided to get the Deff MicroUSB to see if I have better luck since it does have more clearance.

there is a adapter only version for less money and the one with the cable the one with the cable has the most clearance.

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I got two of these when I ordered my phone. Only issue I have is that they haven't been snapping into place for me 100% of the time so I am keeping an eye on the side for scrapes and scuffing cause by metal on metal sliding.

Posted via the Android Central App

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the link of the cable version of the Deff? As far as I know, they only made the adapter one.
Amazon.com: [ Magnector X ] High Performance Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / Z1S / Z3 Charging Cable - Enhanced Magnetic Connection and Charging Speed - Perfect fit Xperia Z3 Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Amazon.com: [ Magnector X ] High Performance Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / Z1S / Z3 Charging Cable - Enhanced Magnetic Connection and Charging Speed - Perfect fit Xperia Z3 Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

That's not from Deff. That's is from Magnetor which I currently have which I gave a family member because it doesn't have enough clearance while Deff does have more clearance. Magnetor is from Korea and Deff is from Japan.

Deff Micro-USB to Magnetic Connector Adapter Review | Xperia Blog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT21v6QZ5WY

wah007

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I got two of these when I ordered my phone. Only issue I have is that they haven't been snapping into place for me 100% of the time so I am keeping an eye on the side for scrapes and scuffing cause by metal on metal sliding.

Posted via the Android Central App

Metal on metal?

I thought the Z3 is made of plastic not metal.

I can see what I think is a tiny silver scratch on the black part where the magnet connects to, but that is to be expected I think as that's metal

wah007

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm, if you connect the magnetic charger to the mains (without turning the mains switch on) and connect the other end to the phone, then flick the mains switch on at the end, does the phone charge?

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm, if you connect the magnetic charger to the mains (without turning the mains switch on) and connect the other end to the phone, then flick the mains switch on at the end, does the phone charge?

It does ,why you ask are you planing to use a timer?

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Metal on metal?

I thought the Z3 is made of plastic not metal.

I can see what I think is a tiny silver scratch on the black part where the magnet connects to, but that is to be expected I think as that's metal

I don't see why would this scratch the metal frame of the phone unless you rubing it up and down for no reason

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

wah007

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
It does ,why you ask are you planing to use a timer?
That's weird. If I connect the charger to the phone first and then plug it in to the wall socket it will not detect the charger, but if I connect it to the wall socket first and then connect it to the phone it will detect the charger. This is the Magnector X charging cable I am talking about
I don't see why would this scratch the metal frame of the phone unless you rubing it up and down for no reason

Actually there were no scratches. I rubbed my finger over it and it rubbed off, it was some silver stuff stuck on.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The one I got with the cable has more clearance from the case not the same as the adapter

The video may of confused you since I wanted to show the Deff adapter.

Yep that is correct. Even thou the cable version I got from Magnetor which does have more clearance that the adapter, it does not clear the Nillkin frosted case I have. The Deff does have more clearance than the Magnetor cable version.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I received my Deff adapter today and it just barely fits into the Nillkin Super Frosted case. It's passes as it makes contacts and charges :)