Z3 on t-mobile issues with calls

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi so I got my Z3 on tmobile about a week ago, I love the phone although not perfect.
- Night time photos are terrible, they are over processed and you don't even recognize faces, they all look like mash potatoes. It looks ok on the phone but don't open the image on your computer, you'll be scared.
- The camera button at the bottom right edge is too easy to press when grabbing your phone from your pocket or just holding it in your hand. I keep pressing it and it opens the camera app, bypassing the locked screen.
- Lots of bloatware installed, although a few useful apps.
- I like the design and how it's flat both sides but having the back being so slick, the phone acts like puck on an ice rink. If the surface you put your phone onto is not perfectly flat, your phone will slide and end up on the floor like it happened to me a few times overnight.

Anyway, my post is about call issues I'm having on tmobile. Not sure if my phone is defective or tmobile networks suck but I've been stuck a few times without the ability to make calls. When I try to call somebody, it would hangup right away. After resetting the phone 3-4 times it would work. The strange thing is that it happens I can receive calls and text and call my voicemail but that's all. They had a demo z3 at the store and I tried to call someone and the same thing happened, rings twice then completely silent.

Also the dial tone when calling, rings twice then completely silent until the other party picks up.

Text messages, many times I get the error message saying could not send text.

Is anyone experiencing the same problems? I feel like getting another Z3 won't fix the issues and there are no other phones I'm interested in right now.

Thanks.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi so I got my Z3 on tmobile about a week ago, I love the phone although not perfect.
- Night time photos are terrible, they are over processed and you don't even recognize faces, they all look like mash potatoes. It looks ok on the phone but don't open the image on your computer, you'll be scared.
- The camera button at the bottom right edge is too easy to press when grabbing your phone from your pocket or just holding it in your hand. I keep pressing it and it opens the camera app, bypassing the locked screen.
- Lots of bloatware installed, although a few useful apps.
- I like the design and how it's flat both sides but having the back being so slick, the phone acts like puck on an ice rink. If the surface you put your phone onto is not perfectly flat, your phone will slide and end up on the floor like it happened to me a few times overnight.

Anyway, my post is about call issues I'm having on tmobile. Not sure if my phone is defective or tmobile networks suck but I've been stuck a few times without the ability to make calls. When I try to call somebody, it would hangup right away. After resetting the phone 3-4 times it would work. The strange thing is that it happens I can receive calls and text and call my voicemail but that's all. They had a demo z3 at the store and I tried to call someone and the same thing happened, rings twice then completely silent.

Also the dial tone when calling, rings twice then completely silent until the other party picks up.

Text messages, many times I get the error message saying could not send text.

Is anyone experiencing the same problems? I feel like getting another Z3 won't fix the issues and there are no other phones I'm interested in right now.

Thanks.

Related to your voice call issues, look for the VoLTE call settings and turn it off, then try to see if it's better.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with calls and I'm using Straight Talk with an ATT SIM card. I'll answer and it will be silent. When I call and some one answers it'll be silent. It seems to only happen when i use Google voice. Whenever i switch to regular cell calls it works just fine. It happens with WiFi or over 4g.

Posted via Android Central App

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. The rep restarted my phone and it worked fine for a while and then the issue resurfaced. I went into the call settings and turned off the VoLTE and the problem seems to be completely gone now.

Posted via the Android Central App

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys. So far it's working with VoLTE turned off but that's a shame, does it come from the network or the phone? I guess the phone since it's on ATT too... Could this get fixed with a software update or is it hardware issue. I wonder if Sony is aware of that.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys. So far it's working with VoLTE turned off but that's a shame, does it come from the network or the phone? I guess the phone since it's on ATT too... Could this get fixed with a software update or is it hardware issue. I wonder if Sony is aware of that.

i have volte on and no problem so far.
if you try other phones they are either not soo great in low light the sensor is just way too small to catch enough light.

im on T-mobile got the phone from tmobile

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

VoLTE is basically an evolving technology so I highly doubt is just the phone, a lot of factors must be in place for a VoLTE call works as expected and not drop, so for now is suggest you just to avoid it thinking that you were just fine without it until now, so keep an eye on the news and give it another try later to see how it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze