New to the Z3

anon(5335899)

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So I made the jump.. and moved from the Nokia Lumia 930 to the Z3 mostly because there's some apps I just need to have and some I really want to have. ;) ..

I like the phone and specifically went for the Z3 but have a few questions, my last Android phone was the original HTC Desire so bear with me ..;)

I found most of my apps and yes generally the quality of the 'big ones' is much better. The general UI however is a different story.. I really will need to get used to this as Windows Phone feels much more fluid and smooth. I hope lollipop will bring a better experience..

• I'd like to know if I can get a lock screen like I have on the Lumia, great looking photo's from Bing which change every day. Also I'd like weather and agenda items on the screen..
  • Do I _really_ need to root this phone to be able to move apps to SD card and if so what is the best way to do this? Any idea why this is not possible out of the box? Feels so last decade really..
  • Is there anything like double tap to wake on this phone? would be nice..
  • Do you guys know how much you're missing the Nokia Here apps? I mean Here Transit, Drive and Maps feels just so much better (or maybe I'm just used to them..).

I'd be interested to hear any great tips.. link are fine..

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
  • I'd like to know if I can get a lock screen like I have on the Lumia, great looking photo's from Bing which change every day. Also I'd like weather and agenda items on the screen..

- I'm using C Locker from the Play Store since I discovered it with my Galaxy S5, it will brings you everything you want (Plus tons more) except the Changing Wallpaper, but there are a lot others that may do this, one that you can try coming from a Microsoft Phone and one that it covers all your needs is it's called Next Lock Screen, Microsoft Released it for Android a couple of weeks ago.
  • Do I _really_ need to root this phone to be able to move apps to SD card and if so what is the best way to do this? Any idea why this is not possible out of the box? Feels so last decade really..

- Don't think you can right now without root, things will change a lot for SD access once Lollipop is released, just sit tight.
  • Is there anything like double tap to wake on this phone? would be nice..

- You are missing it, it's on Settings-Display-Tap to wake up.
  • Do you guys know how much you're missing the Nokia Here apps? I mean Here Transit, Drive and Maps feels just so much better (or maybe I'm just used to them..).

- That's pure preferences, so it's up to you.

I'd be interested to hear any great tips.. link are fine..

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
For the IU go to Nova launcher and do with it what you want.
For the apps on the sd card go to application settings and click on an app and the ones that can be moved will have a button "Move to SD card" click it and there you go.

Posted via Android Central App

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Do I _really_ need to root this phone to be able to move apps to SD card and if so what is the best way to do this? Any idea why this is not possible out of the box? Feels so last decade really...
Like psp1232171 mentioned, you can move apps to the SD card, if they are written to do that. Otherwise, you don't really want to force apps to the SD card, as they may not function properly.