Copy/Cut/Paste on the Z3

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

When typing on the Z3 (in the Google Calendar specifically, but also generally), is there an option to select and cut text? I can only seem to select and copy. If I'm moving a note from one day to the next, I copy it, paste it and then have to go back and delete the note from whence it came.

Cheers.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
In Google Calendar you need to go into edit mode in order for you to be able to cut text.

On the Z3 you only get the small icon to move amongst the text - not two of them to select any text. Even in an SMS or EM where they do appear, there's only the option to copy - not cut.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
On the Z3 you only get the small icon to move amongst the text - not two of them to select any text. Even in an SMS or EM where they do appear, there's only the option to copy - not cut.

To select a word, you have to double tap it. The handles appear at that point and you can select multiple words at that point. I tried in multiple apps and it shows me the cut function just fine. If this doesn't resolve your issue, perhaps a screen shot may help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
To select a word, you have to double tap it. The handles appear at that point and you can select multiple words at that point. I tried in multiple apps and it shows me the cut function just fine. If this doesn't resolve your issue, perhaps a screen shot may help.

Ah! Double-tap. Yep. Spot-on. Just tried it and I've got scissors for the first time. Cheers.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Glad that worked. On a side note, I just discovered today that you can cut, copy, paste, and select all in Swype by swiping from the Swype icon to the letter associated with the Windows keyboard shortcuts. i.e. swiping from Swype to c copies the selected text. Swiping from the Swype button to the number toggle gets you into a copy paste menu that also includes arrow keys and the ability to select text. Swiping from the Swype button to the letter t brings up a number pad as well. I've been using this program for years and have no idea when they implemented this stuff.

acousticmtl

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
To copy you select what you want then a curtain on top comes down and you see the check mark at left top then towards the right you see icons four little squares then two pages overlapping..this two pages icon is the copy..press on it. even if it says nothing it has copied.

then go to where you want to paste and simply hold and paste shows up. I have no idea if this is for the cut function but I am seeing many people online who are having this simple copy paste issue and decided to respond here.

Last edited: