Magnetic charging cable

TommyQ94

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting a Z3 in the near future and have been looking at the magnetic charger. I just had a couple questions about it, how long does it take to charge? Is it worth using over the standard micro USB? Which one do you use?

Posted via the Android Central App

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I think charging times are similar. Yes it's worth getting to preserve the flap and it's just easier. I use a cheap cable I got off ebay and it works very well indeed.

oscarveli21

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought one off ebay for under ten,i like ut much better then opening the flap everytime,but i tecently bought a case and now my phone dont fit in tge slot,are all charging docks the same size?

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll be getting a Z3 in the near future and have been looking at the magnetic charger. I just had a couple questions about it, how long does it take to charge? Is it worth using over the standard micro USB? Which one do you use?

Posted via the Android Central App

Hi don't get the cheap one from eBay ! buy the magnector x from amazon it has a much better built and you can make a phone call while charging it has a very strong magnet won't come off, it is a waste of money to buy the one from eBay. Look for it on amazon got great reviews, i have both. You will love it i have two one for my van and one for home
Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Magnector-Per...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4094876

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought a cheap docking station for my Z3 off eBay. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to fit with my slim case on, even with the various fittings. So I broke it open and just used the magnetic cable to charge at night, and it work well. I guess over time it will keep the USB flap in better condition too - and I often hit the sack after the wife has gone to bed, so it's a lot easier than fiddling around with USB flap in the pitch black!

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi don't get the cheap one from eBay ! buy the magnector x from amazon it has a much better built and you can make a phone call while charging it has a very strong magnet won't come off, it is a waste of money to buy the one from eBay. Look for it on amazon got great reviews, i have both. You will love it i have two one for my van and one for home
Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Magnector-Per...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4104294

Why do some reviews from that Amazon link say that the magnetic connector doesn't fit the Xperia Z3? How is that possible? I'm confused.

Wollombi

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The Magnetic cable fits the Z3 just fine, with or without a case. Their microUSB to mag port adapter works if you he phone is caseless or in a slim case, but otherwise has trouble due to the shape of the adapter not offering much clearance. I fixed that with a file and some patient work.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to this thread, I also ordered one! :)

My Z3 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and the magnetic cable is scheduled for Thursday..