How to reset phone

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The screen of my phone froze today. I couldn't even turn the phone off to reset it (holding power button down does not seem to work). In case anyone is in a similar position the reset button is under the sim card flap and needs to be held down for at least 5 seconds. I was freaking out until I stumbled across that.

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Jbeef, Would it be to much trouble to post a pic of the reset button location to add to the sticky and this post?

Posted via the Android Central App

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It's the little yellow button the arrow is pointing to. Apologies for the poor picture quality but had to use fiancee's moto x which I struggled to make focus properly. Need to use a paper clip or something for this button. I've also now realised that holding the power button and volume up may have also done the job. But it's still useful to know about this button.

Attachments

• 1417888244966.jpg
    1417888244966.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 25

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
It's the little yellow button the arrow is pointing to. Apologies for the poor picture quality but had to use fiancee's moto x which I struggled to make focus properly. Need to use a paper clip or something for this button. I've also now realised that holding the power button and volume up may have also done the job. But it's still useful to know about this button.

Thank you! This happened to me last night and I had no clue what to do. I was ready to switch back to Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech