How do you stop a Sony Xperia Z3 stop sending duplicate texts?

brelausto

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both have the Sony Xperia Z3's and mine is fine but hers sends duplicate texts to everyone and every replies duplicates while in Yahoo mail. I am wondering if this is a problem with her phone since mine is not doing it or some setting that she has triggered. Anyone? Please help.....driving us nuts!

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like an issue with just her phone. If the old restart doesn't do the trick I'd wipe the phone (after backing up your crap) and setup the phone again. Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App

paul1962

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
brelausto, did this fix your problem ?
I also have this problem and can't seem to fix it.
I've done factory reset and reloaded the software using the pc utility but the problem remains.
I have discovered what triggers it - If 4G is enable it seems texts will get sent more than once. If 4G is disabled it works fine.
This applies even when my data connection is turned off.
In another test I get the following results when sending a message to myself
4G off - I receive the text immediately
4G on - I received the text approx 15-20 seconds after I send it and then I receive it again some time later. Sometimes I get it 3 or 4 times :(
I assume this is something to do with the phone switching between 4G and whatever else it uses when sending texts ?
It's only recently started doing this.
Any ideas much appreciated.

compton845

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings--->call settings--->and uncheck the "Voice over LTE" box. Voila!!! Duplicate texts are finito

Posted via the Android Central App

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are both on AT&T. Now that I have a Z3C, she says she occasionally sees duplicate messages on her Samsung Rugby phone.

A friend has an original Z on T-Mobile, and I occasionally get duplicate messages from her.

We're all using the stock text messaging app.