What should I do to use my new Z3 immediately once it arrives?

Surbaeno

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
New 2 smart phones, new Z3 on the way.

I've avoided smart phones for years (I use Samsung B2100s, Sonims, etc.), but circumstances now dictates one. So, I took the plunge and bought a Z3, 6633 in copper, a Love Mei "tank" cover to try to keep the phone in one piece and a Sandisk extreme 64 gb micro sd to store music/pics/vids.

I'm trying to get up to speed on the phone beforehand and as quickly as possible to hit the ground running when it arrives on the 23rd. Watched some Youtube vids from user ILuvTrading and others and am starting to [read] the manual.

My primary use is voice calls, followed by text/visual media communications with real estate clients while at extended stays in remote areas. Lastly, checking and updating social media web sites.

What could/should I use/do immediately once the phone arrives to put it to use right away?

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: New 2 smart phones, new Z3 on the way.

Based on what your needs are you stated, it should be ready out of the box. However, If you dont already, I would set up a google account and make sure all your client #'s are set up on the contacts page so they sync automatically when you log in on your phone for initial set up (make sure to check yes when asked to sync accounts during set up) - and make sure to import your calendar to google calendar as well so it will also sync automatically. Download skype for the video comms, or use hangouts that the phone will come with. If you frequent places during your travels, might be a good idea to goto google maps online and mark them as saved/my places here is a link to help explain that https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3330854?hl=en

That Love Mei case is a tank, and will certainly keep your phone safe - its just heavy...and bulky. Being constantly on the move though, its probably the right case for you. Enjoy the phone! hopefully you like as much as I do, im really loving mine!

Surbaeno

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Ebaneeezor! Google account set up. Skype, Google maps in queue. I was thinking of iSyncr and Rocket player to transfer/play music from my Macbook to the 6633.

Any other productivity suggestions? Glad you like your phone. I haven't even seen one in real life :D

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

What could/should I use/do immediately once the phone arrives to put it to use right away?

Put a case and tempered glass screen protector on it...keep it looking new for as long as you choose to have it.

:)

from the IV

Surbaeno

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Been playing with the phone for several days now :D Boom Beach is a "blast" although it discharges the battery even though it is plugged into my MacBook. Wishing I could find an app that could consolidate all notifications/posts from the various social media sites. Got a bunch of Kindle books and music in it. Marine Traffic, Flight Aware, RadarBox24, Weather Underground, just a few apps I installed. Using the "Simple Home" screen for now. Still exploring and tweaking. Camera is so-so.

Photo on 2014-12-26 at 16.28.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Last edited:

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Awesome I got the Copper too I love it! I don't play boom beach but I do play clash of clans and it's a great device to play games on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Surbaeno

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Slight blotch in cover.

IMG_5651.jpg

USB, memory card "hatch" in Love Mei cover smaller than phone "hatch" cover (on dual SIM model). Still can get the charging cable in with a bit of finagling.

IMG_5653.jpg

Surbaeno

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Rocket Player works great.

I must be doing something wrong or Rocket Player isn't working right. I've downloaded a couple of .wav messages and although I can play them on Itunes, Rocket Player just sits there. What am I doing wrong?

Ignore the Walkman screenshot!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-02-18-42-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-02-18-42-49.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 28

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong or Rocket Player isn't working right. I've downloaded a couple of .wav messages and although I can play them on Itunes, Rocket Player just sits there. What am I doing wrong?

Ignore the Walkman screenshot!

I don't know. Rocket works great for me.

Surbaeno

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, time to look for another case. My Love Mei case has been taking a beating, protecting the phone but damaging it at the same time;

It lost one of the screws by the ear phone plug and the threads are stripped. It also lost the rubber charging/memory card slot cover. The big issue is that the hole for the charging/memory card slot is not big enough for the dual phone version and is causing damage to the flap on the phone when I maneuver it to plug in the charging cable

So, what's the latest and greatest in covers for the d6633?