Why don't I have a display on my Xperia Z3?

darkcry07

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
No Display on my Xperia Z3

First of all I do not know what I did wrong, because I was just using my phone and then left it for a few minutes on my bed then suddenly the screen is just black all buttons are functional, even notification lights are still working, the screen is still working I can still open some apps by blindly clicking but there is totally no display. Tried soft restarting but right from the start there is no display it isn't even displaying the SONY logo on the very start of the boot process. Please help me, I would hopefully want a solution that will not require me to go to a repair shop, hopefully there is a home remedy. Thank you very much and merry christmas!

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: No Display on my Xperia Z3

First of all I do not know what I did wrong, because I was just using my phone and then left it for a few minutes on my bed then suddenly the screen is just black all buttons are functional, even notification lights are still working, the screen is still working I can still open some apps by blindly clicking but there is totally no display. Tried soft restarting but right from the start there is no display it isn't even displaying the SONY logo on the very start of the boot process. Please help me, I would hopefully want a solution that will not require me to go to a repair shop, hopefully there is a home remedy. Thank you very much and merry christmas!

Bummer

Have you tired using the reset button? If that does not work then I am out of suggestions..

How to reset Sony Xperia Z3 / Z3 Dual. Restart button on Sony Xperia Z3 - Sony Xperia

Sony-Xperia-Z3-reset.jpg

darkcry07

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Yes, I did try that already, still total no display. If it is hardware problem, what do you think is faulty?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

It definitely sounds like a hardware problem but I have no clue what could have went wrong.

I think at this point contacting Sony for a warranty replacement would be in order.

aerodan

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
No Display on my Xperia Z3

I did the power-up button procedure, then waited overnight for the battery to go dead. In the morning, poof, it was fine. Not sure if both are necessary. Probably just the waiting. But this is a colossal screw up from Sony, since draining a lithium to zero is ill advised. Had to send mine back, it happened more than a few times.

Last edited:

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I hear ya,after restarting the phone a few times the screen was black and it took ages for it to turn on even though the phone was on

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463