terrible front facing camera noise

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Just picked up another Z3 (swapped my 1st for an iPhone 6 but missed this beast) and found the front facing camera very noisy. Also when video calling I'm very blury apparently. Had anyone else found this, or better yet, a solution?

Many thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you mean that the camera makes noice when you shake the phone, bring it back and have it replaced. It sounds as if the camera isn't firmly attached to the lens, which would also account for the blurriness.

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If you mean that the camera makes noice when you shake the phone, bring it back and have it replaced. It sounds as if the camera isn't firmly attached to the lens, which would also account for the blurriness.

Hi, thanks for replying. Not audio noise, visual noise. It's extremely grainy which isn't noticeable in the picture after but the picture is very poor quality. Also video call quality is terrible

trustumar

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Mine is very new. I also noticed it on very first use. Yes, front camera is grainy. I know little about photography terms. I think you are not describing it correctly.

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine is very new. I also noticed it on very first use. Yes, front camera is grainy. I know little about photography terms. I think you are not describing it correctly.

Hi, thanks, sorry to hear you're experiencing similar problems. Apologies, I'm not very good with camera terminology, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will understand what I was trying to describe and help out

Neub13

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks, sorry to hear you're experiencing similar problems. Apologies, I'm not very good with camera terminology, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will understand what I was trying to describe and help out

Do you mean really sharp? (I'm not sure if this is the correct term)
I have that issue too if so.

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Noise is the correct term. There is a lack of detail, and it tries to process the image too much, and it inputs random pixels of colors. It is also prevalent on the Z2 that I have.
Many attribute this to Sony's software, and believe a major update to the front camera algorithms will fix this. Sorry, but there is no fix. More light obviously helps a little, but I know that is not a solution.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles