Buying Advice

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello to everyone.
I am currently using a Nexus 5, which I love.
I am thinking to upgrade to a Sony Z3 or the upcoming HTC One M9.
I would like to read your opinions about this phone. I want a good camera, Android Lollipop, Google Now and as much stock experience as possible.
Would you recommend this phone? Do you think Sony will release a new Z in the next months?
Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) LolliFlop? Not until they get the major bugs out, as far as I'm concerned. And put something into it that's worth the effort of pressing the OK button for the update. Material Design? That's a whole version update? (Not that I even like it - I got rid of all the "new" versions of apps that went to "Material Design" and reinstalled the older versions.)

2) A phone with a non-removeable battery? Not even as a gift.

You want a good camera? Canon and Nikon have great ones. But Ansel Adams took some fantastic pictures with a Kodak box camera (the equivalent of a 2MP camera today). It's the photographer, not the camera, that makes great pictures. It wasn't using a Graflex that made Dorothea Lange's pictures some of the greatest art in the world. Learn how to take great pictures (Kodak has gigabytes of free tutorials online) and you'll take great pictures with your N5. (And use an app that at least lets you lock focus and exposure. One of the easiest ways to expose a scene with faces is to get the exposure from the back of your hand - then tell the app to keep it that way. Open Camera lets you do that. It can also throw a rule of thirds grid on the screen. You don't need 42MP to frame the perfect shot. [And if you're looking for film-quality photography, start looking from 1GP up - a 35mm slide is about 1GP.])

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
^^ Sorry but that is a horrible answer to the OP questions..^^

OP, the thread right above or below this one asks similar questions. The camera is great but you will get better photos using manual mode.

A Z4 is rumored and many expect it to be announced at MWC in March. If it's announced then, who know when it will be available for sale. I'm in the US so I might not see an unlocked Z4 until the end of Summer (July / August) or maybe even later.

Check the other thread I mentioned as similar questions were asked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc