A few questions regarding Xperia Z3 for the UK

AristillusUK

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi There,

I live in the UK, and I am hoping to upgrade my phone from a (don't laugh) HTC Desire to the Xperia Z3 in the not-too-distant-future. Currently I am with the O2 network, but am looking to buy an Xperia Z3 that is not tied or 'locked' to a specific network. Now don't get me wrong, the O2 network is fine if not a little on the dearer side. I am thinking of going with Three>

As I understand, the Xperia Z3 is not a phone you can open, except by authorised and trained personel, so how does one put a sim card into it? I am assuming there is a slot on the side of the phone where the sim of your network choice goes into...am I right?

The main reason why I am buying the Xperia Z3 is the camera, the actual phone-side of things will be used much less, as I am a 'Billy-with-a-few-but-quality-friends' (how I prefer it). I have good knowledge of photography in general, but am still looking to achieve good quality, well-exposed snapshots that I can print later or use for web pages. From what I have reviewed, the Xperia Z3 will fulfil this function. How has your experience with the camera been on the Xperia Z3?

The second reason for my choosing the Xperia Z3 is the music side. Does the Xperia Z3 provide excellent quality of music sound, particularly if one pairs it with a good set of headphones?

Would appreciate some opinion.

Best wishes all

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi There,
As I understand, the Xperia Z3 is not a phone you can open, except by authorised and trained personel, so how does one put a sim card into it? I am assuming there is a slot on the side of the phone where the sim of your network choice goes into...am I right?

Yes. There's a flap on the side that hides the slot for the SIM card.

How has your experience with the camera been on the Xperia Z3?

The camera is nice. It does well in poor light.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi There,

I live in the UK, and I am hoping to upgrade my phone from a (don't laugh) HTC Desire to the Xperia Z3 in the not-too-distant-future. Currently I am with the O2 network, but am looking to buy an Xperia Z3 that is not tied or 'locked' to a specific network. Now don't get me wrong, the O2 network is fine if not a little on the dearer side. I am thinking of going with Three>

The main reason why I am buying the Xperia Z3 is the camera, the actual phone-side of things will be used much less, as I am a 'Billy-with-a-few-but-quality-friends' (how I prefer it). I have good knowledge of photography in general, but am still looking to achieve good quality, well-exposed snapshots that I can print later or use for web pages. From what I have reviewed, the Xperia Z3 will fulfil this function. How has your experience with the camera been on the Xperia Z3?

The second reason for my choosing the Xperia Z3 is the music side. Does the Xperia Z3 provide excellent quality of music sound, particularly if one pairs it with a good set of headphones?

Would appreciate some opinion.

Best wishes all

I have had Z3 for 5 months having ditched the LG G3 due to it's battery life (or lack of it...).

As said above, the SIM, micro SD card and USB charger ports are all under waterproof flaps on either side. There's also a magnetic charging port on one side, which I use (require a different cable) as it saves opening the flap ever time I want to charge the phone.

The camera is good, but it actually really shines if you use it in manual mode and are happy to muck about with the settings to get the right shot. The 'Superior Auto' setting, which is the automatic setting by default is fine for just snapping away, is fine, but you do often get over-exposure in bad lighting situations, so if you know a little about photography, as you say you do, this will help.

My iPod died on my 2 months ago, so switched 7000+ songs to the SD card and now use my Z3 instead. Sound wise, it's identical to me. There are also options with the sound settings that are supposed to tune you listening experience to match certain Sony headphones, although I have Philips ones so just keep it set to normal. The only downside is that searching for albums, songs and so on, take a few seconds, so it's not iPod fast, but then it's a phone playing music, not a dedicated music player - and it may well be due to the amount of songs I have put on it.