Can't connect to aux

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

I just got the z3 and I adore it. My only issue is when I connect in the car via aux cable the music will play through the phone speakers not the car speakers. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's not a defective earphone jack (if an earphone being plugged in still has the sound coming out of the speakers, the jack is defective), the phone needs to see a load to switch the speakers off, and the Aux input isn't presenting a load. You'll have to add a resistor across the wires (about 100 Ohms should do).

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
If it's not a defective earphone jack (if an earphone being plugged in still has the sound coming out of the speakers, the jack is defective), the phone needs to see a load to switch the speakers off, and the Aux input isn't presenting a load. You'll have to add a resistor across the wires (about 100 Ohms should do).

I have no idea what you mean aside from the faulty headphone jack.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there any possibility this could be a software thing? My headphones jack worked perfectly earlier today and now it doesn't read the input. Weird. Maybe something got in it. I'll give it a day or two before I take it to the T-Mobile store.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I've had this happen on two different phones. It's like they just stop recognizing that a head phone is plugged in. I wonder if it has to do with the waterproof coating or if it is software, since Sony has stupid recognition software to enhance their own branded headphones.

Prince Casanova

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my Z3 Dual.

The phone doesn't recognize when a sony brand headset or an aux cable is connected and the music keeps playing from the phome speaker...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech