I have a Z3 with a MS Exchange account , since upgrading why can't I get notifications on my lock screen?

A

AC Question

I have a Z3 with a MS Exchange accout - which require a passcode.

When I installad 5.0.2 - I cant get any notifications in the lock screen, or as icons on the top of the screen indicating new mail / SMS. What can I do to get that?

Godskalk

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have a Z3 with a MS Exchange accout - which require a passcode.

Finally someone else with the same problem! This is driving me nuts. A colleague with a Samsung with 5.0.1 does not have the problem, so it might be Sony or Z3 specific.

Godskalk

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site

To clarify: I have enabled notifications, but they are not showing up. If I disable the Exchange mail-account, notifications appear again.
This seems to be related to exchange security policies, however, the only policies my company enforces are PIN-unlock, max 5 minutes until automatic lock, and device encryption.
In lollipop, there are no notification icons in the status bar during lock screen, so in practice this means we can't see anything that has happened to the phone - no missed calls, new email, new messages etc.

Godskalk

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site

Lots of people are having this issue over at the Sony forum. It appears to be Sony specific, and affects at least z2 and z3. I can't post links, but you will find it if you go to talk.sonymobile.com and search.

Lu99ke

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I get them OK... Though I use NINE mail... Perhaps try different mail app?

uploadfromtaptalk1428700152119.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis