Thinking of changing from M8 to Z3

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of changing from M8 to Z3. Had anyone else moved from the M8 to the Z3?
Disappointed in the M9 and the S6 is a no go without a sd card slot, so I decided the Z3 would be my best option.
So any and all opinions please😀
Tks
P.S does the Z3 have a quick charger 2.0? Or is it capable?

Posted via the Android Central App

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I never had the M8, but I thought I would chime in anyway. I just switched over from the S5. Prior to that I had the M7.

One thing I missed when I had the S5 was the dual speakers that HTC had. The Z3 helped fill that void. The speakers on the Z3 is absolutely great. It made it that much better when it came to GPS navigation while driving and Netflix viewing.

The thing I didn't miss was the weight that was associated with the HTC One. S5 was great at that and now having switched to the Z3, I'm glad the weight is still light.

Z3 gave me butter finger syndrome. This thing was slipping out of my hand due to its smooth back. The HTC One had a nice curve that fit in the hands very well. Getting the case for Z3 to be delivered felt like it took forever to arrive. The case made holding the Z3 much better.

The M7 battery life could not stay up with my active daily routine. Even though I switched over the S5 and got a spare battery, I never swapped them out. The battery on the S5 was able to get me through the day plus some. The Z3 easily meets this and have even survived the next day until about noon before requiring a charge.

I found the camera performance is quite good on the Z3. The other night I was able to get a great night time shot which the S5 really didn't too well. When trying to capture photos of my 2 and 4 year olds, the auto focus on the Z3 is quite fast compared to the S5 and the M7. I finally got some usable pictures without the motion blur for our yearly family photo book.

Z3 user interface is a bit lacking when compared to Sense or Touchwiz, which I have now have a better appreciation for either one of them. I guess there are third party apps that can get you a better UI experience.

Battery life, screen size, camera, dual speakers, mag mount charger port, and its IP rating makes this thing a beast while maintaining a sexy sleek look. There are compromises with all phones. I found that Z3 had the least amount of compromises for what I need it for. Honestly, I rotate phones all too often, but until then I'm going to enjoy this gem as much as I can.

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of changing from M8 to Z3. Had anyone else moved from the M8 to the Z3?
Disappointed in the M9 and the S6 is a no go without a sd card slot, so I decided the Z3 would be my best option.
So any and all opinions please😀
Tks
P.S does the Z3 have a quick charger 2.0? Or is it capable?

I had the M8 before I got my Z3 I'm very happy with the switch. That's saying alot too because I loved my M8 but just wanted a new toy. The Z3 does support quick charge. Mine didn't come with a quick charger in the box I had to get one separately. Overall I think the Z3 is the better phone from my experience.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll switch to the Sony. My only niggle is the problem some people have had with the phone chassis bending.. It's it a regular thing?

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That is one thing I would give the HTC One, it was built like a tank. Very different compared to the Z3. However I personally haven't seen any flexing on phone as of yet.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Me too I have an M8 and I am lost since the M9 will bore me as it has the same design for 3 years in a row.
The camera of the Z3 looks slightly better in some daylight situations and surely better in low light.
Though what about the volume and audio quality over BT?
I am using BT audio in my car and with the Sony SBH-50, with the M8 the volume is good as long as I boost it with Viper4Android
Will the Z4 share the same camera as Z3 or newer like Note 4?

squall2099

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I've had a m8 for many of months til I crack the screen twice..... Jump from that to the z2, crack the back then I got the z3 lol. Loved the m8 but the z3 is much better device for the road warriors who need big battery juice, m8 battery is not bad what so ever. No where near the z3 thou

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7