Why isn't my Sony Xperia Z3 being detected on my PC via usb?

A

AC Question

sony xperia z3 not detected on pc via usb?

My Sony xperia z3 will charge using a variety of micro usb cables when connected to two different pc's. However, the device is not even noticed in device manager or in my computer. The usb cables that I have will not allow me to connect to pc's for file transfer. What do I do? I don't want to spend money, only to find out the next cable I purchased still won't connect.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: sony xperia z3 not detected on pc via usb?

My Sony xperia z3 will charge using a variety of micro usb cables when connected to two different pc's. However, the device is not even noticed in device manager or in my computer. The usb cables that I have will not allow me to connect to pc's for file transfer. What do I do? I don't want to spend money, only to find out the next cable I purchased still won't connect.

Do you have an option to change on the phone how the USB is connected?

Here are the drivers Xperia Z3 driver – Developer World

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I had to go and turn on mass storage. Settings > Xperia Connectivity > USB Connectivity > USB connection Mode

Posted via the Android Central App

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Did you unlock the phone before you tried to access it with a USB cable? As a security measure, your phone won't let you access its files via a USB cable until you unlock it (get past the unlock screen).

Ausgustine Tyler

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I just learned how to turn on developer settings by going into < About phone > and pressing seven times on the "BUILD NUMBER" selection.
Developer settings was unlocked, which allowed me to access USB debug mode. I restarted the phone and still no luck getting it to link with device manager. If I take the Micro SD out and use an Micro SD to SD dummy drive it will let me transfer my files, but not by the phone itself. I am using a samsung U9 cable right now. I don't have the original Sony usb data cable that came with it.

It is set in developer settings right now so that the screen will stay on and the phone will not go into sleep mode. Screen lock is not the issue.
I have tried both MASS STORAGE MODE (MSC) and MEDIA TRANSFER MODE (MTP). It still will not connect, but it is charging from the laptop usb port.
I just reformatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 onto my Dell XPS l702x laptop. I am using a new Seagate 500gb HDD.
I believe it isn't a driver issue with the laptop itself.
I can't figure it out.
I might give buying a Sony Ericson data cable a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund